04

CHAPTER FOURMAN ON THE MOON◦

CHAPTER FOUR
MAN ON THE MOON

FOR THE PAST TEN HOURS, Ramona has been slapped, stabbed, and choked more times than she can count. Several times she has broken out of her restraints and several times the big guy has beaten her to unconsciousness.

She hasn't felt this weak since she was a kid. She's had such control over her powers for years and now—she's useless. It's like she sucks her powers out of a cup through a straw, and now she's slurping air.

To be fair though, they've hurt Klaus way more than they have hurt her. Maybe they feel guilty for kidnapping an eighteen-year-old-looking girl, or maybe they think if they torture Klaus, then she'll tell them what she knows.

Fortunately for her, Klaus is one kinky weirdo.

"Number Five, where is he?!" The woman snaps as she chokes the daylights out of Klaus. They don't seem to notice the raging boner under his towel. Ramona wrinkles her nose in disgust. Gross.

"Don't . . . stop . . . I'm almost there . . ." Klaus gasps, face turning red.

The woman looks down. "Is that a . . ."

"Yep." The man confirms. They both sigh in frustration and sit on the beds behind Klaus and Ramona.

Ramona hasn't said a word since she woke up in the motel room. It's not that she's immune to torture or anything, but she's so drained, she can't barely think.

Her makeup is smudged everywhere and the sleeves on her shirt are all sliced up. There's a small paring knife stuck in the top of her left thigh that feels like it's on fire every time she moves even slightly.

Ramona just stares at the wall. She doesn't even see it anymore.

"Oh! There's nothing like a little stranglin' to get the blood flowin', am I right?" Klaus gasps and chuckles.

"What is so funny, you asshole?" The man grits and smacks Klaus upside the head.

"Ah!" Klaus groans. "Well, for one, you spent the last ten hours beating me senseless and you've learned absolutely nothing. I mean, nobody tells me shit! The truth is, I'm the one person in that house nobody will notice is gone! You assholes kidnapped that wrong guy!" He laughs maniacally.

They go quiet. Ramona feels a sinking in her gut as the woman stalks behind her. "Maybe so. But she knows something." A hand roughly grabs Ramona by the hair and yanks her head back at an almost ninety degree angle. "Talk."

Ramona glares up at the woman. "I have nothing to say." She sneers. The woman shoves Ramona's head down. She reaches around and grabs the knife in Ramona's leg, ripping it out and shoving it back in.

Ramona screams. "I don't know where he is!" She lies desperately.

They seem to sense that. "You're lying." The man says. "Tell us where he is or it's going to get a whole lot worse for you."