Chapter 72- All In

Brynn sits back and she glares at me. If looks could kill I'd be dead. "I hate you sometimes."

I grin slightly at her. "I know but I also know now that you love me too. I'm just hoping it's enough?"

"Enough for what?"

"For you to trust me, to put your clothes back on, for me to take you home, for you to believe in tomorrow. We aren't running out of time Brynn, we've only just discovered that we have it."

She stands up and lets out a frustrated yell. This did not bode well for me.

"Of all the..." She paces the boxcar, "Jesus, Finn... could your timing be any worse."

I stand up too.

"You think you're the only one frustrated! Brynn, I think about you constantly. I fantasize about you even more and I have you right now standing there less than two feet away from me in those skinny jeans and a lace bra but damn it, Brynn, I don't want our first time to be in a boxcar outside of school on some deserted train track!" I raise my voice although I don't mean to. However, I'm exasperated.

"The only reason I see for going through with this is if we convince ourselves that this is it. This is the only moment we will ever have and I don't believe that. I don't want to believe that, but... maybe you do."

"I've been diagnosed with cancer, Finn and you want me to believe in time? It's a terminal disease."

"It can be terminal, and it can be curable. I'm not giving up on you. I won't ever give up on you."

"You're asking me to make a promise I can't keep!"

I stride over to her and grab her arms again.

"I'm not asking for promises. Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Do you want me?"

"God, yes."

"Then give me the gift of time, Brynn. Your time. However long it is. That's all I'm asking for. I understand it will never be enough, but I want it. As much as I want you."

Brynn lets out a long, slow sigh. Her shoulders slumped in surrender.

"You win Finn. You have it. You have all of me. I'm all in."

I crush her to me. I have won many championships in my lifetime but none of them compare to this feeling I have right now. I pull her away from me and say, "You won't regret this."

I follow her gaze to our discarded clothing on the floor. "You wanna bet?"

I chuckle and walk over to pick up her shirt, handing it to her because I can only take so much. Once she slides it back on, I admit, "Okay maybe we both will, a little."

I start to button my shirt up when she pushes my hands aside. She slides her hands around my back and nuzzles against me. She really is a tiny thing. She starts again with small kisses on my bare skin.

"Brynn..."

"What? Can't we have a little more fun before it's all taken away again?"

"What exactly do you propose?"

"We don't have to have sex..."

"Make love." I correct her.

She grins up at me. "Make love and I'm not at all experienced but I'm pretty sure there are other ways we can ... mess around isn't there?"

"There most definitely is and I'll teach you what those ways are... later." I honestly don't trust myself at this moment. My body is practically vibrating with unspent sexual energy. I'm pretty sure I'd fail in the restraint department if I am put to the test."