Chapter 38 - A Second Date

I awoke with anticipation of what today would bring

I awoke with anticipation of what today would bring. I broke out my list of what I want to do with Brynn on our first date.

I looked at my phone and no message.

I came down the stairs. Said good morning to my parents. Ate my breakfast, it was eggs, bacon, toast, and juice.

I looked at my phone and no message.

I showered. I dressed. I sat on my bed and look at my phone and ...

no message.

I then have an epiphany. I am the girl in this relationship. Brynn holds all the cards. She is the one who's setting the pace and keeping me on brink of distraction. I wonder if I have ever done this to a girl, and sadly I'm sure I have. I make up my mind to never to keep another girl waiting... then I think of Brynn and I wonder if it's an empty promise I just made, as some part of me has already decided there will be no other girls.

WOW! Big morning.

*ding*

I look at my phone. Thank God. She's finally decided to text me.

Hey there!

I purposely wait 5 minutes before answering so I don't look too eager...

Yeah, a total girl.

F - Hey!

B - Oh, there you are, wondered if you may have made other plans on me?

F- Nope!

B- You're so glib with your responses.

I laugh, before typing back.

F- Yep.

B- Can you be ready in about 20 minutes?

F- You driving?

B- Wow! More than one word...and yes! Problem?

F- No perfect. Can't drive due to my foot. I'll be ready and waiting.

B- Sounds good. See you then.

F- See you then.

I take another look at my appearance and believe myself acceptable. The excitement courses through me. I come down the stairs and wonder how I will occupy my time until she gets here.

"Finn, you look like you're about to vibrate through the room. What's up?" my mom asks.

"Brynn is picking me up in about 15 minutes," I say taking a seat at the kitchen table. Mom is working on some sort of paperwork. Looks like there is never a day off for the principal.

"Ah," she says like that explains everything. "What are doing today?"

"Don't know, but got my list." I pat my back pocket.