━━━ v. everybody wants to be on your good side.

chapter five

chapter five.

STROLLING INTO THE WOODS at night and hands weighed with their choice of weapons was a normal occurrence for the Morillo siblings, handling hunts was like going grocery shopping for them minus petty arguments over what to get (... that happens before they leave the house. ). Veronica, as usual was leading, the full moon light above then wasn't a bright enough light to guide them through the flashlight helped, imagine if they bumped into a werewolf tonight it'd be like killer spook. It was always her teaming up with Perseus and Yoselin when their parents couldn't attend, like tonight.

Crack. Veronica swallowed a flinch whipping around weapons pointed at the source, the empty forest stared back at the siblings. Sharing a quick glance; keep your weapons high there's something out here. Goosebumps rises and her fear got stuck in her throat as her green eyes met dilated brown eyes, it's breath huffed and puffed in their faces smacking them with air and morning breath almost knocking them off their feet.

It's colossal hand smacked Yoselin against a tree, Veronica dodged his fist slicing his left palm and his right elbow his growls only encouraged her. Perseus comes behind cleaning it's thick throat, it wheezes stumbling back to get out of his hold but Perseus locks his legs around his waist; their bodies trip against the bark and he grunts his grip loosen the beast takes advantage and throws him off his shoulder rolling him like a ball straight Veronica trips over his body.

"Damnit." She cursed, panting on her knees the ground trembles beneath her with each step he took; she grips her handle but he steps on them. Gritting her teeth, she glares up at him.

"Burn baby." Yoselin shouted, from behind and threw a petit dark ball at him. He catches it with ease and crushes it his hand like it was sand, she only grins and presses her remote. Flames grew on his palms spreading up his flanging arm, Veronica fell back on her butt squinting her eyes as it burns right before her eyes. "Are you going to kill it or admire it?"

Rolling her eyes, Perseus ambles from behind and catches the dagger she throws in air using the tree as a boast and stabs his heart, purple goo spluttered on his face. Yoselin made a sound of disgust, Veronica pretends to gag, the ogre's one eye glosses and sucks a breath the ground thumping when he lands, a hand on his heart the fire died down.

"Nice aim." Veronica murmured, nodding in approval when he hands her, her purple stained kindjal and slings it over her shoulder.

"Thanks, it's all in the wrist." Perseus humored, tapping the beast's leg with his foot for good measurement.  "Roasted ogre, anyone in the mood for chicken?"

"Gross." Yoselin gagged, chin dipped back admiring the bright stars out tonight.

"Stop being a freak." Veronica mocked, arms crossed.  "Gather around children; it's time to play for who gets to put the ogre in a bodybag."  None of them liked that part of the job, the bodies smelled and were heavy and you were so close to their corpses you'd be able to feel the life slipping out of them, it's a rotten gig settled by a fair game of rock, paper, scissors.  Neither had noticed until it was too late, Yoselin's head smacked into Perseus' buckling their knees their noise of pain hitting her ears.