━━━ ix. partners in a bloody crime.

chapter nine

chapter nine.

          STANDING INSIDE DEREK'S LOFT is a man that survived being burned alive, how that was possible is beyond Veronica. This would've been so much easier if their weaknesses was listed on the list, but who was she to complain he could be a whole new species like a dragon or something.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked, flipping the deputy's hand back and forth. There's literally no scratches or burn marks of him even touching the flames, how is that possible?

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia said, arms crossed around her waist looking up at Derek besides her. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they should be gone."

"I was set on fire." Jordan Parrish reminds forcefully, wide eyes sparing them all a look for how normal they spoke about this. "All of me should be gone."

"Not if you're like us." Scott argued, head tilting a bit.

His eyes glazed with suspicion. "Like you?"

"Like them." Veronica corrected, fiddling with her zipper. "They're... peculiar creatures."

"I don't think he's like us." Derek voices, dropping the deputy's hands.

"Then what is he?" Lydia questioned, her blush lips parted.

"Sorry, but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." She's positive she's heard about him but couldn't recall the information.

"This is a little out of my experience." Derek answered flashing a sarcastic smile. "Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." Scott said. Veronica does, he's off hunting Kate with her parents and she should be home babysitting but they're old enough to take care of themselves (... when bribed with deli takeout. ).

"How about you, Morillo?" Upon hearing her name she took her lips away from her zipper to glimpse up at the voice; Derek, his chin raised. "Any ideas?"

"There's nothing here we go off on, all we know is he survived a fire leaving us with firebirds, a salamander, ifrits and an Phoenix and those are only the ones I can think off the top of my head." Veronica replied, being to get intrigued on what he could be please let it not be something so cliché like a dragon. "I could leand you my family's bestiary?"

"Okay, hold on." Jordan interrupted eyes squinted, tired of them talking over him instead of to him. "What's a bestiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?"

"Psychic?" Derek repeated, almost humored. She too wanted to laugh out loud glancing at the strawberry blonde.

"You told him you're a psychic?" She taunted, a smile toying on her mouth leaning close to her. "Oh miei giorni."