Chapter 4

ALIYU'S POV

I quickly hold Zarah's body before reaching the ground. I still can't figure out what happened, he called her with a queer name and now she is laying unconsciously on the ground. Before I knew it, sweat was all over my body.

Nabeela quickly called Mom, Aunty Amina, Aunty Mardiyya, and Aunty Nafeesa {Zarah's mom} seeing the situation she is in, I picked her up in a bridal style and took her to my car.

         I just couldn't sit down when my wife is in the emergency. It has been almost 2hours since they took her to emergency and they are not out yet. I have to ask Sultan some questions, but not now, I will focus on my wife's health.

            My ringtone brought me back to reality, it's Sultan "Hello" I said trying to sound normal "Aliyu I'm sorry about what happened but is she OK?" he asked. He really sound worried "we are still waiting for the doctor, they are not out yet" I said "I hope she is alright" he said "I really hope so" I said "I will call later" he said and hang up.

         "I think you should go and rest we can take care of this" Aunty Nafeesa said "yes just go and rest" my mum supported her. I really don't want to go I want to stay by her side. I want to know what is wrong with her.

          "What of the car, I mean we came in the same car and if I leave..." I said trying to form an excuse "don't worry, Adnan will bring my car" Aunty Nafeesa said. I drag my lazy feet and walk out of the hospital.

              I tried to process what really happened but I can't. After few minutes of driving, I arrived home, to avoid being asked about her condition, I used the back door of our site.

           I met Sultan sitting on my bed, he is worried because he didn't even notice me "Sultan" I called him trying to gain his attention back "when did you come back?" he said standing up "just now" I said removing my shoes, I really need to bath so badly.

             After a long relaxing shower, I slip into my white Jallabiya and sit on my bed "Did she regain consciousness?" he asked "no they send me back" I said "but did you know her?" I asked "I don't really think so, she just reminded me of someone I knew, they really look alike" he said closing his eyes as if getting a picture of someone in his eyes.

             It looks like he don't want to talk about it so I didn't ask another question. I want to sleep myself but I cant I just keep thinking about her what if something happened while I am away, thoughts keep coming to my head. I slept off with her in my mind.

NAFEESA'S POV

      I am afraid the secret we have been hiding from her is about to expose. I have to meet Aliyu's friend and ask him some questions. Did he know her? Is her real name Sultana, Is he her relative that he can easily recognise her? where are her family members? Are her parents still alive?

            I kept wondering, questions keep coming to my head because he can only recognise her if he's a close relative because her appearance  didn't change, the same eyes, complexion since childhood.

            "The doctor is out" Khadija, Aliyu's mother said touching me. I stood up with haste "doctor is she OK?" I asked worried "well we are able to save her" he said smiling "thank you doctor!" I said with relief "I think we should go to my office" he said and and walk away.

           "Lets go" I said to Khadija because she is also like a friend and family to me. We walk to the office, find a seat and sat down.

         The doctor start explaining "She was shocked, that result to  her collapsing but she is still unconscious, she can regain conscious in four to five hours we hope" he said rubbing his sweaty palms.

            "Thank you doctor" I said and went out of the office. I wanted to cry, I wanted to tell someone what really happened I really want to, I cant stand and just see her suffering, I just keep blaming myself for being selfish.

              I went to the ward and saw her lying plain and pale, she breath but with the help of oxygen that was fixed to her. It's all because of me that she's suffering. She looked so untainted in her white gown.

              I kissed her forehead "I'm sorry" I said before moving to the bathroom and perform ablution, I came out and pray two raka'ats. I cried my heart out to the almighty that he should forgive me and please save my girl, I slept on the darduma(praying mat) without knowing.

             I woke up around 5:30am, she's just the way I left her, its so heart breaking. I perform my ablution pray some Nafila before praying subh.

                I pick a plastic chair and sit next to her, rubbing her soft hands "I wish you will understand why I made that decision, you can call it greediness but I did that with pure intentions" I said wiping the tears that runs down my cheeks.

          "Nafeesah are you OK?" Khadija asked "I'm fine, good morning" I said trying to stop her from asking me questions "morning ya me jiki" (how's the patient) she asked " laba'asa she's healing" I said even though I know I'm not certain she will be fine.

          I woke up around 8:00am, I don't even know I zoomed off. I didn't see Khadija maybe she went out. I quickly brushed my teeth and return to the room. I sat next to her, it looks like she moved her finger, no you must be over thinking about something I told myself, so I brushed the thought away.  

         "Mama" she called my name "Zaraa!!" I cried out, hugging her very tightly. She started crying so I hurriedly called the doctor "It's going to be OK my Zara" I said cuddling her because l cant seem to let go of her like she will slip away from me "I'm scared" she said with trembling voice hugging me tight "I know" I said "I know Zaara" thinking of all the love l will give her when she's well again.

          Khadija walked in "Zara!" she said with amazement and pity in her voice, hugged her, "Mamee" Zara said with cracky voice pushing in a smile "how are you feeling?" she asked "I'm feeling okay" Zara said smiling.

          later, the doctor walked in, after checking on her, he wrote some prescriptions. We thank and appreciate his non stop hard work on my baby.

          "I don't think we are taking her today" I told Khadija "It will be better koh?" she said  "I think so" I said "Mama I am fine I'm just weak that's all and l will be fine" Zara said looking at me and grinning, that's when l knew my girl is strong, she still has her energy "no you need to rest dear" I said and frown "Mama I'm fine Allah, its OK" still insisting. We both look at each other "OK if that's what you want" I said smiling at her.

          Around 9:00am, people are filling in the hospital to check on her, gladly she's feeling much better. She was discharged around 11:00am and we returned home.

          "Just find me everything about him, and don't mess up with me because it's very important" I said before hanging up. "Maybe I can fix this" I said smiling at my reflexion in the mirror.

I'm sorry I have been away for a while but I will update very soon.

   Don't miss the fun, check out my other book    Our Love Story.

    SAUDAH💞