Chapter 11

Aliyu's POV

I was more than shocked to see Sultan there, we both stood there looking at them in shocked.

"You guys are here, take a seat" Abba said looking at us

"Good afternoon Abba"

"Afternoon Aliyu how are you"

"I'm fine, good afternoon mama"

"Afternoon Aliyu"

I watch as Fatima hugged her parents, grandparents and her aunts while I greeted them and Sultans aunt, I address her as Aunty because I stayed in her house in the USA she's so nice and friendly. We sat on the carpet waiting for the meeting to start.

"Let's wait for Hajiya Khadija and Adnan, they are on there way" Abba said and we nod.

"What is my Mom going to do here" I asked myself. After waiting for some couple of minutes, Adnan and Mama walked in.

"Sorry we are late" Mama said sitting on the sofa

"No problem" Abba said smiling

"Let's begin" He said in a serious tone

"Were going to tell you the story we hide for good twenty years" rubbing his sweaty palms.

A tear fall on Mommy's cheek she wipe it with the back of her hand.

"Something is definitely wrong" I thought while Zarah hold my hand tighter like her life depends on it.

"It was on 2nd October...."

FLASHBACK

"I'm sorry but if she try to give birth again,her life will be at risk" A doctor in his early forties said adjusting his glasses.

"Doctor is this the only way" Engineer Abdussamad ask

"I'm not saying she can't conceive or she can't give birth, she can but the chance of her survival is 5%, so as a doctor, I advice her not to give birth again"Adjusting his glasses he continued "as you know Oesophageal Varices is a dangerous disease that usually develop when blood flow to the liver is blocked. They often occur in people with advanced liver disease and for your wife's case, she didn't have any liver disease but it's severe due to the amount of blood that keep coming out from her body. When she is pregnant, it will only become worst in the early pregnancy and can cause death during late pregnancy or during delivery" He added rubbing his palms.

"Thank you doctor" Eng. Abdussamad said because the last thing he want is losing his wife, even though she love children so much but she can't have one any more, he love her so much and he can't afford to loose her.

"The prescription" the doctor said bringing him back from his thought

"Thank you doctor" he said collecting the paper

"You will be discharged today"

"Please can you do me a favor" he ask the doctor.

What did you guys think?

Don't be confuse wooo Engineer Abdussamad is Fatima's father (Abba)

And this flashback is 20 years ago

Short chapter koh?

I'm just eager to update

I will update sooooon

Love you guys soo much

Saudah💞💞💞