Chapter 2~

Bakugos POV

Everyday Izumi seems sadder and sadder. She reassures me that it's not my fault and that she knows I don't hate her but she still seems.... distant.

She doesn't smile as much as she used to. I want to help, I want to be her hero, but how can I fix the problem if I don't know what it is. It's fucking annoying.

Izumi's POV

Dear Diary, Next week is my tenth birthday. To celebrate Kacchan and I will be going to the arcade, I love spending time with Kacchan, I just wish I could be strong and happy for him. I can tell he's worried. I have to go Mom just called me down for dinner. Sincerely~ Izu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Time skip~

Third-person POV

A week has officially passed. Izumi was officially 10 years old. Her and Bakugo were at their favorite arcade to celebrate. Izumi's pockets were heavy with quarters and Bakugo's hands were full of prizes. For the first time in a long time, Izumi felt truly happy.

Happiness is a funny thing.
Happiness is an uphill climb the happier you feel the higher you go. Up and up and up. Still, the world is bound in rules and the higher you climb the steeper the drop.
After a day of joy at the arcade, Izumi and Bakugo decided to take a stroll down by the beach. Izumi's joy was steadily fading. At some point, she tripped. Falling to the ground and scraping her knees.

A scraped knee will heal, given time. After a while, the skin will go back and all evidence of the wound will disappear.

Izumi sat on the ground. A single tear rolling down her cheek. Bakugo leaned down. Gave her a kiss in hopes of curing her pain. And then almost as if a thank you, it started raining.

Izumi's POV

Kacchan wrapped me up in his jacket. It smelled like caramel and a bit like ash. We ran home and hugged before parting ways.

Once I got home, I ran up to my room. I took a look into the mirror and I felt strange. Kacchans' jacket was a bit large. It covered the slight curves of my hips and looking at my self in the mirror, it felt right.

I felt like myself and I smiled.

------------------
Do I like this chapter? No
Am I just looking forward to the rest of the story? Yes
Words: 405