Chapter 1

Severus and Alex have always been best friends. They basically grew up in the same crib.  Their familys were very close friends. It also helped that their houses weren't that far away, just a minute or two away on bike. Which meant the two boys grew up together, inseperable since the day they were born. 

                                                                 //////Severus' Backyard///////

The two boys were outside doing what typical 7 year olds do. Reading under a tree. Alex was sitting in a criss cross formation with his head on Severus' shoulder. Severus' legs were sprawled outwards, one leg over the other, while he read with an emotionless look. Alex sighs and closes his book, straightening up and turning to severus. 

"Wanna play a game?" without looking up from his book, Severus responds.

"Sure." He puts his book down on the grass floor and looks at Alex, "What game is it?" Alex's green eyes twinkled with excitement. 

"We are princes, and it's our job to save our princesses from a dragon that's blocking us from getting to our princess!" Alex jumps up in excitement, picturing the whole scene before him. Severus stands up facing Alex, who's face was lifted upwards to the sky. 

"Why can't we save princes to?" Alex faces Severus and shrugs. 

"I don't see why not." The two boys spent their evening chasing dragons and claiming their one true love. As the day grew darker, the boys decided to take their game inside. Fighting off more dragons, goblins, and mythical creatures that decided to get in their path. The two eventually got hungry and put their little adventure on hold. Severus made his way towards the kitchen, Alex not to far behind.  

"Do you have dinosaur nuggets?" Severus shrugged.

"I'm not sure, I'll check if you want, cause my mom recently bought mac n' cheese, and I was gonna give you that." Alex began to walk over to the large pantry, that always seemed to overwhelm him. Alex searched for the nuggets but didn't see any. 

"Yeah I don't mind mac n' cheese." Alex said. The small light brown haired boy walked back to his friend looking defeated. Severus immediately felt bad and looked harder for what his friend wanted. Severus searched the pantry and the fridge but still couldn't find his friends favorite snack. Severus decided it was best to ask his mother. His mother was able to find the nuggets and heated them up for Alex. Doing the same for Severus with his mac n' cheese.  As the two boys ate their food, the both grew tired. Alex's head would swing a little as he faded in and out of consciousness. Eventually the two 7 year old boys fell asleep at their table. 

//////Time skip brought to you by: Alex's Chicken Nuggets//////

*4 years later* 

Alex was dropped off at the station by his parents. Alex wasn't completely alone though, he was being accompanied by his best friend Severus Snape. The two were complete opposites, but the two complimented each other well, and they were both very loyal to the other, so no one could get in their way. Severus helped Alex go through the platform first, making sure Alex got through safely. As soon as Alex went through Severus followed. Both of them were able to load up and get their own cabin just in time. Severus reads a book as Alex looked out the window. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, the two actually preferred it this way. Alex looked out the window daydreaming about Hogwarts and Severus was daydreaming about the story he was reading although he would never admit it, only to Alex. Suddenly the two boys were snapped out of their trance as they both heard a female voice screech. Severus looked at Alex annoyance clear on his face. Alex chuckled at the sight, growing more curious as to why the girl screamed, he brought his ear up to the wall behind him. Severus doing the same.