KEVIN EMERSON

She smiles and offers me a ride to college. We keep chattering when she leans to kiss me and I lean too.  I capture her lips with mine and tug her silky smooth hairs. Our tongues move in sync. I caress her cheeks gently and we pull back, after a moment breathless. I open my eyes and she is nowhere to be seen. She just vanished into thin air. I blink, confused.

"Fuck!" I wake up panting. My fingers involuntary found their way to my lips to rub the sensation off and the strange part is, I can feel the ghost of her lips on mine.

From the day I have met the girl, I keep dreaming of her. Same dreams every night. I don't even know her name,  neither I have touched her but my body is craving for her, and to find her in this city and that too without her name, is impossible. But I feel anxious day by day. There is sudden emptiness in my day which was not before and I know once I find her and know about her more, I would lose interest. This is how I work. Once the adrenaline of chase is over, I get over things pretty fast. If I could just stop thinking about her all the time, I might be able to get rid of these dreams.

I groan in frustration and get ready for college before working out which is followed by breakfast.

Today I don't put much effort into my outfit. Plain white t-shirt, denim, and denim jacket which I paired with the same slip-on from the first day of college. See, not so excited anymore. 

On my way, I grab my love  'Camembert cheese'. Don't get me wrong but I can't go a day without Camembert Cheese. I always keep extra in my bag, Eveready.

I ask William to drive through the same route. A small part of my brain hopes to see her again but my bad, it's already been a week and I haven't seen her. The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that she goes to 'kind of' same college, so it might take time but eventually, I'll meet her.

With this new notion, I hop out of my car.

"Thanks, William"

"Have a good day, Kevin" He greets me back.

On entering, I immediately notice there is a strange kind of silence in college today. All nuisance activities like making out, ragging, waves of laughter, and pranks, almost everything seems to be banned.

I spot my friends who are now standing with Victoria and her minions.

"What's wrong in the air today?" I ask no one in particular whilst eyeing other students.

"Ignore it, babes" Victoria latches her arms on me before anyone could speak something.

She kisses me and this is nothing like the kiss I have been dreaming of with the mystery girl. Flashes of my dreams cross my mind and this made me push Victoria abruptly, harsher than I intended to. I wipe my lips and groan in frustration seeing lipstick marks on my fingers.

How much does she use? 

"What's wrong, babe?" She asks, sounding hurt? 

I frown, wondering if I got her wrong. I believed she got my M.O of something casual. Not so sure anymore.

Bella, Noah, and Max suppress their smile. Yeah, they are not her fans.

"Let's go for the class" Saying this I walk off to the corridors, to grab books from my locker.

Soon my friends joined me and Victoria was out of my sight.

I open my locker and here the silence is loud. Loud enough to hear hush whispers.

"She's coming today" A girl, two lockers away from me says while checking her phone.

"She is coming after 4 months" Another one adds and my frown gets deeper.