ALEXIA KING

We are shopping for nothing in particular. I wanted to put off his mind from finding that woman. Not only because I don't want him to but it's taking a toll on him. He has been on edge these past days. Something is bothering him.

"You haven't picked a single thing yet" Kevin whines beside me.

He looks hot by the way. Dragging the shopping cart with a cute frown and a small scowl on his impatient lips.

I peck his lips and he stops in surprise.

"What was that for?"

"You're cute when you scowl"

"Don't revoke my man card by calling me 'cute'" He says it with so much distance that you would think I called his dick fake.

"And I was not scowling. I am enjoying myself" He forces a smile.

"Whatever you say, Lover Boy" I try to mimic Xander's voice.

"Not you too"

I laugh and look around to see some girls checking him out. My mood instantly becomes sour. Can't they see he is with his girlfriend?

I inch closer to my man, "They want what's mine"

He looks around before taking my face in his hands.

"What's your will always remain yours" I look into his sincere eyes and I know baggage or not, Kevin will always remain mine.

"Promise?"

"Promise"

He kisses me and I take advantage of this situation by kissing him back, hungrily, running my fingers in his hair and I know what it does to him. He groans and I pull back in satisfaction.

I smile happily. I feel like I had just staked my claim on him.

"Happy?"

"Very"

We don't purchase anything and move to a nearby cafe.

A waiter places our order.

"Eat your muffin first. Coffee is too hot" I smile behind the muffin.

"How did I get so lucky?" He looks at me----simply looks at me-----with some strange emotions.

"I ask myself the same"

"You'll tell me if something bothers you?" I caress his hand resting on the table.

"I will. It's just this place" The place where she is.

"Everything will be fine"

"It sure will" He kisses my hand with a genuine smile this time.

*********************************

Alex comes grinning. He looks high on weeds, almost jumping while walking to us. Like I said before, he has permanent spring under his feet.

"Let's get going, Man" He makes his way between Kevin and me and pulls my boyfriend back to the entrance door we just entered through.

"Where?" Kevin glances me over his shoulder. I shrug.

"Dad ordered Tees for everyone with our name written on it. I'm asked to pick up the order and I don't want to go alone"

Kevin is about to decline the offer but I want him to get along with Alex as well.

"Just go. She won't come till evening. We have 3 hours left. I want some Mother and daughter time too" I whisper to Kevin and he agrees hesitantly before texting someone.