Chapter 7

Will wasn't sure where to go from here. Honestly, he'd never thought he'd get this far. He hadn't planned for...any of this, But here, sitting across from Nico while they waited for Frank, Jason and Leo to show up, he felt...

Anxious.

No, no-- excited. Yeah, excited. Wow, he'd almost forgotten when the difference was.

The waitress popped in and left a bowl of breadsticks on their table. Nico immediately shoved one into his mouth.

"Manners, " Will chided. "I thought we were waiting for the boys?"

Nico rolled his eyes, swallowing before he spoke. " Your boys," Nico reminded him. "Not my boys. I have no boys. I am boyless." He pointed at him with his half-eaten breadstick. "And your boys chose Olive Garden. Olive Garden . Like they were trying to spit in my gay, Italian face."

"Oh, I'm sorry, does your house have unlimited breadsticks and groupon deals?"

Nico held back his smile, rolled his eyes instead. Will bit the inside of his cheek.

"Got me there, Solace," he relented.

Will sipped on his water, trying to get rid of the dryness in his mouth, and almost choking on it when Frank thumped him on the shoulder.

Leo mussed up his hair. "Will, bro, don't die on us," he laughed.

They slid into the U-shape booth on either side of Nico and him and kept sliding in until Will's thigh was brushing Nico's in the middle of the bench.

Jason stuck his tongue out as he read the menu. Leo was already reclining, arms behind his head like he was in his bedroom instead of a mediocre restaurant.

"We needed a boys' night," he said. "It's been too long since we all hung out together.

Frank grinned. "And now we have Nico, our sixth musketeer."

Nico looked at them, counted their heads and then his own, and looked up, puzzled. "There are five of us here."

"Oh, Percy," Jason chimed in. "He counts, but he wanted to do mudmasks and a legally blonde marathon with the girls."

Nico raised his eyebrows. "Wait, wait, wait--you're telling me we had that as an option?" He asked Will, his expression screaming: We Are In The Wrong Place.

"No," Will answered. "That was not an option because I decided we're going to have a Men In Black marathon and do charcoal facemasks."

Nico considered it. "Hmm. Okay. Will Smith could get it."

Will grinned. "Of course Will Smith could get it."

"Hey, hey, hey," Leo chimed in. "2005 Will Smith could get it. YouTube Rewind 2018 Will Smith," His voice got higher and trailed off to let Nico to finish his sentiment.

"No way," Nico said. "I mean he's still hot but gods, that was bad. He's not a Youtuber! Besides, Pursuit of Happyness Will Smith is like, top tier husband. You think you could marry Agent J? You're wrong."

Frank shook his head. "How can you even notice how hot Will Smith is in that? That movie is NOT about thirsting after Will Smith! It's too sad."

Nico shrugged. "The man's got drive, he's a good father— and he's Will Smith. Respect the drip."

Okay, so Nico was into guys who were good fathers, driven, and named Will. Noted.