More Than One Glance

Do you believe in Soulmates?

It was said that before people have four feet, four arms, and two heads. Zeus thought that this could make humans powerful thus he separated them, man and woman.

So, each of us has a Soulmate. They would complete each other in a way that they wouldn't experience with other people.

And not only humans have Soulmates because it was said that it was the soul that was divided into half.

"What did you say?" Gale asked me.

"H-huh?"

"With that. What do you think about it?"

"Oh. I don't know. I just think that everyone deserves to be love, except me." I said grimly and she smirked.

I shrugged and took a nap.

~~~***~~~
"I told thou! She's just a trouble! She will ruin this Empire!" I watched as two ladies argue. One is wearing a Queen's crown and the other looks like a princess. The Princess is the one yelling.

"No! Not now, not yet. I told thou to wait. She is thy sister!" the Queen shot back. She is old and y'know the typical old Queen look.

"Half-sister." the Princess snapped, "And that is one of the reasons why she should perish! Are thou forgetting, mother? She is the first-born from the first queen who passed away. I won't be the Queen if she's still alive! And in fact the Oracle says that she will ruin everythi--"

"Hush!" the Queen cutted her, "I told thou not to speak of the Oracle's prediction for Nyx. Someone might hear thou."

Nyx? Are they talking about me? Impossible.

"What about that boy she is seeing?! She can do everything she wants just because she is the first-born while I always have to please that bunch of old people everytime eventhough I won't be the queen!" Damn the Princess looks livid.

"Say, daughter, who is that boy she is seeing?"

"The son of an Alpha near the boundary of Ilia."

"Then maybe we could use that boy to incapacitate thy sister." the Queen smiled.

"What are thou thinking, mother? We can't do something against them, we signed a truce. Besides, they would never help us." the Princess said sadly.

"Thy father will surely not allow their relationship. And when he discovers it she could be disowned, then we can just kill her afterwards." then they laughed like a villain.

"Afterall, we are just saving the Empire from her mercy. Killing her will be like taking pre cautionary measures."

I don't get it. They want to kill me because I will be the Queen and I will ruin my own Empire? What the fvck?