Chapter Fifteen

Baby, meet me at my house right now! It's an emergency!

I stared at the message that Jeongguk just sent me. An emergency? He rarely had emergencies. *gasps* Unless.. His sister is in trouble again?! Oh good gravy, I need to get there. Fast.

"Eomma! Appa! Sehun oppa! I'll be right back! I'm going to Jeongguk's house! There's an emergency!"

Without hearing a reply from either my parents or brother, I grabbed my purse and hurried to the door. I couldn't take my parents' car keys, I mean, I was too young to drive. Even oppa is too young. So I hurried to the main street and waved for a taxi. I jumped in as soon as one stopped and gave the ahjussi Jeongguk's address.

We arrived in under eight minutes (after much of my hurrying) and I hurried to the house after I paid the ahjussi. I knocked on the door hard three times, but it seems as if no one heard me. Could they have already left? Suddenly, I remembered the key they always kept under the plant next to the door and picked it up, slotting it into the keyhole and twisting it open.

"Jeongguk-ah.. Ahjussi.. Imo.. Jeon Suk-ah.. Are any of you home?"

I repeatedly called up their names as I checked every room in the ground floor and there was no answer. I tried calling everyone, but they seem to not pick up so I debated in walking up the stairs to the first floor. It wasn't a hard decision. I mean, it was an emergency after all.

So I stepped onto the first step and walked up cautiously. I heard groans and moans of a male and a female from the main bedroom as I neared the landing. I slowly walked over to the room and peaked in through the small gap of the unclosed door.

"Mm.. Ahh.. Jeongguk-ah.. Faster.."

I stared at the scene and felt my eyes tear up. There, on top of Jamie, my best friend, was my own boyfriend, Jeon Jeongguk. Deciding to not make my presence known, I held in the tears and went down the stairs quickly but quietly.

Deciding on walking home alone, I started my long way home. You see, Jeongguk and I are have different family backgrounds. While I was on the rich side of town, he lived in the more average side of town, where you don't usually see expensive cars and limos and rich housewives talking about all the latest gossip.

It was getting late and I was nowhere near getting home. Maybe halfway, but I don't know. I had never walked this far. It always was my father who drove me, or my mother, or our driver. The only place I walked to and fro was school, since it was near to our house.

*beep* *beep*

I jumped in surprise as a car pulled up beside me. A black limo to be exact. I stared into the windows but I couldn't get a glimpse of anyone or anything since the windows were tinted. But a window was suddenly wind down and I stared into it with my tear-filled face as Kim Taehyung looked to me and ushered for me to get in the car.

I stood there, literally unable to move. Why was Taehyung being so nice? Normally if he saw me on the sidewalk walking, he would laugh and tease me about it. So what's so special about me now? I shook my head and shook away that selfish comment. How could I think of myself right now when I'm supposed to think about how to break up with Jeongguk?

"Yah, do you not want to get on?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and stared at Taehyung. This egoistic boy never knew went to stop, didn't he? So what if he likes me? He's just so full of ego that I just wanna punch him in the face repeatedly like it was a punching bag. Grrr, it's really tempting..

I stared on even though Taehyung got out of the car, dragged me in and instructed the driver to drive me home. I was still paralysed, unable to speak or move properly. But Taehyung just stared down and noticed something before he pulled a thermos flask out of a pocket in front of him, retrieved a glass from another pocket and poured something into it.

I stared at the cup of hot chocolate admiringly, wishing I hadn't been so stupid to go to Jeongguk's house and find him cheating on me. Taehyung added two marshmallows into the glass and passed it to me. I accepted it hesitantly and felt tears pouring out.

How was he so forgiving? So calm and collected? So friendly even though I broke his heart by rejecting him? Was this really what people say when good friendship is hard to come by? Was it?

"Taehyung-ah.."

"Yeah?"

"W-Why are you being so nice to me?"

I looked down and watched the marshmallows in my glass slowly melted and became a fluff of white on top of the drink.

"Yah, are you stupid or something? We're friends! So why shouldn't I be nice? Now drink up! That should stop you from shivering so much.."

I turned to look at him and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, thanking him. He turned bright red after that but I pretended to not notice. The whole car ride to my house was silent after that small gesture. I had long finished my drink and thanked the driver and Taehyung before gettin out of the car.

"Sun Mi-ah.."

"Hm?"

I turned my back and stared at Taehyung, whose head was half stuck out of the window.

"If anything bad happens, tell me. I'll lend you my shoulder. I know it's hard sometimes. But keeping it in isn't good. And you should let it all out once in a while. So if you need a listener and a shoulder to cry on, call me. I'll listen and help you. Arasso?"

I nodded at him and faked a smile before waving and watching the limo drive down the street. I walked into my house tears running down my face once again. Luckily everyone went to bed, I snuck in and went upstairs, locking myself in my own room.

I turned on my phone and a picture of me and Jeongguk popped up as my home screen. In the moment of my anger, I changed my wallpapers, deleted all of our photos together and changed his contact name to 'back-stabbing son of a b*tch'. But when I realised that this helped me at nothing, I threw my phone to the other side of the room, sliding down to the floor and leaned against the door.

Closing my eyes, I thought of what the future held if I hadn't hurried to his house. If I hadn't caught him with Jamie. If I had accepted Taehyung instead of him. Thoughts, many of them, ran through my mind and tears, even more of them, ran down my face like a waterfall.

And when I was done with my self-comforting session, I decided to open up my feelings and what I've seen and encountered to someone. Someone who I trust. I crawled over to pick up my phone and dialled the number, waiting for them to pick up.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Taehyung-ah.. I-I caught Jeongguk w-with another girl.."

[A/N: hello all! Can I just say how much I love you all right now?! When I started this book, I hadn't expected so many reads and votes and comments in such a short time! So it really surprised me when I found out it had surpassed my other book, Chocolate Love, 's reads.

I just want to say thank you so much because you guys are like the best <3 and to those who've been with me from the start, don't think I don't know who you are. Get ready! Cause you will have dedications!

Also, do you think I should join the Wattys? And why?
Ughhhhhh I just love you all so so much <3]