Hadestown, AKA the bEST ONE-

This. Was. So. Freaking. Hard.
Top fifteen songs:
1) If It's True
2) Wait For Me (Reprise)
3) Epic iii and Epic iii (They Danced...)
4) How Long?
5) Chant
6) Chant (Reprise)
7) Way Down Hadestown
8) All I've Ever Known
9) Flowers or Any Way The Wind Blows
10) Wait For Me or Road To Hell (Reprise)

Top five characters:
1) Persephone
2) Hermes
3) Eurydice
4) Orpheus
5) Hades

Best orchestrations: Epic 3 (they danced...) it's so gorgeoussss
Best lyrics: If It's True
Best solo: Epic iii
Best duet: How Long?
Best ensemble: If It's True

First off: Amber freaking GRAY. I love her so much, I can't even describe it.
Now-
This musical makes me want to scream, laugh, cry, dance, and a million other things all at once. It is full of emotion - that's part of why I love it so much. Part of the reason this is my favorite musical is because of the orchestrations - they fit the vocals and lyrics so well, and all feel carefully created. That's what puts it above Hamilton for me, it feels like more was put into it instrumentally. (There are other reasons of course). Everything from Hermes' charisma to the couples' dilemmas is so carefully plotted and full of detail. Amber Gray is my role model for vocals and being a human being in general, and everyone else in the cast is so incredibly talented. Patrick Page, fits the part of Hades so well, being extremely intimidating some moments, and raw and real in others. The character depth is amazing, from attempting to repair his relationship with Persephone to his uncertainty singing the forgotten melody of his and his wife's lost love in Epic iii.

Also did I mention, IF IT'S TRUE IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SONG I HAVE EVER HEARD. It is so overlooked and underrated, but it's such a freaking gem! Everything from Reeve Carney's emotional, compelling vocals to the workers responding to his call? And Hermes being a boss? And the l y r i c s? I mean... they're gorgeous, and unlike anything else I've ever heard in my life.
That being said, I'm not saying the other lyrics in the musical aren't good. In fact, they are stellar - If It's True just really struck a chord within me. I think it did for everyone, or at least it should.

a DEFINITE 10/10. 👏