3

Sarah woke up the next morning, groggy but content from the night before. Thank god today was Saturday and she didn't have to work, she could spend the day relaxing and trying to forget about her day from hell. She stretched out in Chad's bed reaching out for her fiancé, smiling at the thought that she was going to marry this man. To her surprise, Chad was not in bed, but what replaced him was a note and a red rose. She sat up in bed and read the note: Hey baby, sorry I couldn't be there for you when you woke, I had to go out and shoot some photos for work but I'll be back soon. She sniffed the rose and grinned, he was such a perfect man. Sarah rubbed her face, wiping the sleep for her eyes and went in search of her purse. She had to tell Tiffany. She walked over to the front door where she had dropped it in the heat of passion of last night, her bare feet padding across the wood floor. Rummaging around in her purse for her cell phone, Sarah stopped to appreciate her left hand, which was now occupied by her beautiful engagement ring. She found her phone and typed in Tiffany's number. "Girl, you better have a damn good reason for calling me so early on a Saturday," Tiffany threatened. Sarah laughed; Tiffany had never been a morning person, especially on weekends. "I have a great reason," Sarah explained with excitement. "Alright, I'm listening," Tiffany said with a sigh. It took Sarah a couple of seconds to get the words together and to leave her mouth. "Sarah, what is it?" Tiffany asked impatiently. "I'm getting married!" Sarah finally blurted out. "What?!" Tiffany yelled back in disbelief to her friend. "Chad took me out to dinner last night after I got home from work. We went to Butterfly on the pier. And halfway through dinner he stopped eating and told me how much he loved me and wanted to be with me forever," Sarah told her, the memory still so vividly fresh in her mind. "Oh, my gosh girl! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you," Tiffany proclaimed, "We need to get together this week, I want to see the rock!" "Of course! I'll text you later to let you know when we should go out," Sarah replied. "You better! Love you girl, and I'm happy but I'm also still pissed about being woken up, going back to sleep now," Tiffany said with a yawn that made Sarah laugh again. "Alright Tiff, see you soon," she told her and hung up the phone.

Sarah was glad that Tiffany took the news so well, she was afraid that she would say it was too soon or something along those lines to discourage her decision, but Tiffany was supportive. Sarah was thankful she met Tiffany when she moved. Sarah had no family due to being an only child and her parents' untimely death just a few short months before Sarah got her job. She wished her mother were here so she could tell her the amazing news, but knew that if her mother were, she wouldn't approve. Her mother wasn't the romantic type and married her father because it was the right thing to do. Sure, her parents loved each other and respected each other until they died, but there was no passion. The situation made Sarah sad, but she shook the feeling off as she walked over to the bathroom area to take a shower.

Seeing as she was already naked, getting ready to wash up wasn't going to be a hassle. After slipping a clean towel onto the rod beside the shower door, she turned the knob and stuck her hand out towards the cascade of warm water. Sarah stepped in slowly so she wouldn't trip and slid the door closed behind her. As soon as the water hit her skin, she closed her eyes and relaxed, instantly letting her mind wander to last night. A smile crept over her face as she relived the sex that she and Chad had last night, only when she saw the face of the man pleasuring her it wasn't Chad. The face was familiar and strange at the same time, the features angelic and chiseled. It was the man from her office building! Everything Chad had done to her the night before now replaced with a different man. Her eyes popped open and wondered why she was imagining a complete stranger in place of her fiancé. Sarah quickly washed up and went back to the bedroom, befuddled at her recent daydream.