Chapter 1 Marinette's Visitor!

It is Summertime and Marinette is lost in her thoughts. Thoughts that the summer did not quite turn out the way she hoped it would have.  Then, again why should she be surprised when few things do turn out the way you hope for in life.

     Marinette snaps out of it just in time to hear her parents call her downstairs.

    "Marinette time to work in the bakery!" Sabine says.

    "Ok, I will be right there!" Marinette says.  Tikki remains hidden in her purse.

         Marinette goes straight to the bakery and her job drops when she sees the huge order. To say she feels overwhelmed is an understatement.   She thinks, my friends are on vacation.

      Alya to Spain, Nino to Japan, Nathaniel and Chloe to London to visit Sabrina, Juleka works at the beach, Rose works at a nail salon, Lila and Sam are on vacation in Peru, Kim works at a tennis court, Alix works at a lemonade shop, Kevin and Katie are in the Bahamas, and I am here in the bakery. She feels sorry for herself until she recalls that Adrien still has his photoshoots. 

     Marinette recalls the message Alya sent her this morning. It said,  "Hi, Greetings from Spain! " Then, showed Alya with her parents, and sisters in a village area in Spain. She felt like it must be an exciting adventure for her best friend but still misses her.  She even saw a photo of a bullfight.  Wow, talk about fun!

         Marinette works hard. She feels so lonely, and wonders how she will get the order done on time!  It is not like she is been at this full time for long. She is used to it being part-time like it was in high school but that was in the past. 

      "Marinette I will be in the back if you need me," Sabine says.

        Marinette sighs. She wishes she had to friend to talk to as she works. It sure would brighten the place up.  She thinks, that will never happen. Everyone is far too busy.

        Later that same day, Adrien finishes the photoshoot early.  He decides to head to the bakery to see Marinette.  

       "Are you going to tell her yet?"  Plagg ask.

         "I will someday!" Adrien says.

             Adrien enters the bakery with Plagg hidden inside his jacket.  The bell above the door rings to signal his arrival.

             Marinette looks up, "Hi, what may I help you with sir?" 

            "Haha, you are too, funny, Marinette!" Adrien says.

            "Adrien, what brings you here?"  Marinette ask.

            "I would like some croissants, please," Adrien says.

          "I will have them ready right away, Adrien!" Marinette replies. She gets them ready in a bag which she sets on the counter.

          Adrien watches her and blushes. He cannot believe how much prettier she is gotten since he last saw her.  "How much is it?" He asks.

           "Oh, that will be $5.00," Marinette says.

          "Here, keep the change," Adrien says. He hands her $6.00

         "Thanks, bye, s-see y-you!" Marinette stutters.

         "S-See you around, M-Marinette." Adrien stutters.

      Now, outside the bakery, Plagg laughs. He thinks the whole scene he just saw was hilarious!  

      "Croissants, Adrien?  You ask your crush for croissants." Plagg says.

        "Well, yes, I was too nervous to tell her the real reason," Adrien says.

       Plagg chuckles. He thinks humans are so odd.

    Back to Marinette, she is so happy she does not pay attention to the oven. 

     "Wow, Adrien came to the bakery!" Marinette says.  She causes a batch of brownies to burn thanks to her distraction in her mind. She can not seem to stop the whole conversation with Adrien from replaying in her head.

    Tikki shakes her head. She thinks, Marinette needs to be more careful. She can see why she is excited about the unexpected visitor, but that is no reason for her to fall behind on her work.