Chapter 13 Feline Company

Chat Noir's  POV:

       Chat climbs out of the tree.  He sees Marinette is hard at work in the bakery. He notices her parents still are not back from their trip yet.

      No problem, he thinks I will keep her feline company.

     "Hi, princess," Chat says as he enters the place.

      "Chat, whoa, you startled me," Marinette says.

       Chat chuckles at the reaction he got from her. He wonders sometimes if she will ever be able to love him as Chat. He knows she loves him as Adrien, but does she love his other half?

    Marinette's POV:

       Marinette thinks I thought it was hard to balance my time as Marinette and Ladybug.  She knows it still is, but lately, it has been harder for her as Marinette. Sure she still sees Adrien since he is her boyfriend along with the occasional visit from Chat, but she misses her other friends.

      She wishes she could tell Chat the truth about Ladybug.  She can not when Hawkmoth is still out there. She is fortunate Master Fu let her remain Adrien's girlfriend after all that has taken place. She sighs as she recalls how Adrien was hurt once. Yet she does not remember much other than she found him as Ladybug and helped him.

   She also remembers how the other night, Chat Noir and Jade Turtle came out of now where.  Good thing they did as a robber chose to enter her home as well. If it had not been for them she shudders to think what could have happened to her.

      "Should you be off rescuing damsels or something?" Marinette asks.

      "Haha, I came to see you," Chat tells her.

      "Me, but I am just baking," Marinette remarks.

     "Maybe so, but I bet you have my favorite, croissants," Chat states.

      "How did you know?" Marinette asks.

       "I happen to be in the neighborhood as you pulled them out of the oven," Chat says.

          Marinette removes more croissants in front of him. She hands him one of the cooled off ones from earlier that day.  

       "This is complimentary for today only since you did save my life last night, Chanton," Marinette says.  

       Chat's POV:

      "Thanks, Marinette," Chat says before he eats the croissant.  

        The whole time Chat thinks strange why did her referring to me as Chanton remind me of Ladybug?  It knows there is no way his sweet, sensitive Marinette is the same action-packed, adventurous, ladybug he works alongside daily.

        He recalls how Ladybug came across as surprised when he told her he was with Marinette Dupain-Cheng as his regular self.  Ladybug barely blinked as she told him congratulations.

        He thought she would be jealous, but she seemed happy. Strange, m' lady was happy about my being with someone else. Then, again she had told him many times she was in love with another guy.

       "Marinette, there are no damsels I rather look out for than you," Chat tells her.

         Chat sees her blush at the remark which makes him wonder could it be his princess is falling for his cat-like charms.  He decides to test it out.

        Marinette's POV: 

          "Goodness, Chat you sound like such a flirt," Marinette teases him.

           "Also, should not you be trying to impress, ladybug?" She asks.

            "Oh, her, no, she knows I like you,"  Chat explains.

              Marinette blushes at the comment. She thinks what?  Chat Noir likes me, but so does Adrien.

           "Chat, I am flattered, but I am seeing someone," She responds.

             "Who is the guy?"  Chat asks.

              "He is Adrien Agreste," She says. She thinks did not I already tell him this once?

                 "Oh, that is right, nevermind, he is a great guy," Chat says. He thinks I ought to know because he is me.

                   Marinette finishes stacking up a few cookies, then turns to Chat.  "To be honest, I was rather lonely before you came by the bakery."  She tells him.

                "Good thing I am here then I can keep you feline company," Chat remarks.

                  Marinette laughs. She has no idea why as that is the most ridiculous pun she has heard yet.  It is almost as if he is someone she knows. This is impossible right cause he is her partner when she is Ladybug that is all.

                 Chat's POV:

                "Laugh, all you want too, but I intend to stay here all day," Chat remarks.

                    Marinette gives him a look that says you are kidding me, kitty. She can not believe he would want to waste his day with her.  She is a bakery girl and he is something special.  She is sure whoever he is behind the mask must be something cool.

                  "Just you wait, Marinette, I will keep my word, you will see," Chat says.

                  Chat watches her in awe as she fixes lunch.  "Here, you need this to keep your nourishment up, kitty," Marinette says.

                 "Thanks, Marinette," Chat replies. He eats the tasty meal but keeps his eyes on her the entire time.   He sees her face turn a cute shade of pink. Hmm, maybe she does have a soft spot for the cat, after all, he thinks to himself.

                  Narrator's POV:

                   Later, that day Marinette closes the bakery for the night. She worries as she has not heard from her parents in a while. She hopes she is wrong, but she can not help it. She senses something is wrong with them. 

               "Chat do you ever have the feeling something is well not quite right?" Marinette asks.

              "Yes, all the time.  I mean I do help ladybug fight the akumantized victims, but I also do not get to spend much time with my father," Chat answers.

             "Chat, I am sorry," Marinette says.

              "Marinette, do be sorry for being yourself.  You are an amazing, sweet, girl Marinette, and I care about you more than you think," Chat says.

              "Thanks, Chanton, "Marinette says.

               "For what?" He asks.

           "For being you, silly kitty," Marinette tells him.

       Chat's POV:

          Chat hears her yawn so he carries her up to her room. He lays her on her bed and tucks her in for the night.   "Good night, beautiful, Mari," He says softly.

          He hears her snore, kisses her forehead, and leaves. He sighs as he reflects on his day spent with Marinette.  He longs for a day when there are no more secrets between them.  He hates for her to worry ever time Adrien rushes off.

         Chat arrives back inside his room in no time.  He detransforms and hands Plagg some cheese.  It seems his father did not know he left.  He thinks it figures.

         Find out more in Chapter  14

         -Summer out!