Fight Part 1

A/n: I'm going to try something a little different with the dialogue in this chapter, let me know what you think.

About two years after the tournament, Pyrrha and I have been talking more and more, and although I wasn't open to the whole "dating" scene originally, nor am I experienced in that department, I am seriously considering telling her that I love her. She has been making attempts at flirting with me, which I have been more responsive to, and I can tell that she can tell.

I just got off the phone with her and had to physically stop myself from telling her, it wasn't the right time.

As I put the phone down, I heard someone knocking and yelling outside.

"Come on out!"

Ruby and Yang's heads perked up, while I stood and walked to the door, meanwhile the man was still yelling.

"It's no use hiding anymore. I know who you are!"

Ruby came up next to me, asking a question I wish I knew the answer to.

"What's going on? Do you know him?"

The man yelled out once more, while I tried to get a look at him through the door.

"More importantly, I know what you are!"

I knew this wouldn't end well for one of us, so I quickly ushered both my sisters beneath the floorboards, in the small space I had made specifically for situations like this one, it was just big enough for the two of them to fit in, but not too big.

"Girls. Beneath the floor. Now..."

Ruby looked at me with curiosity, while Yang heeded my orders and was waiting at the trap door for her sister.

"But... you told us never to go down there. Who is that?"

I quickly moved to the trap door, throwing it open while ushering them inside quickly, as, I knew I will have to fight the person outside.

"I do not know."

Ruby started prying at me again, asking questions I now knew the answer to, but of course, I lied about it.

"What's he talking about?"

"I do not know. Get IN!"

They climbed in quickly, huddling together while the man let out another yell from just behind the cabin door.

"Just tell me what I want to know! No need for this to get bloody."

I started moving toward the door, a large scowl adorned on my face. I hesitated before opening the door. This could be it for me, what would Pyrrha think if she found out I died from whatever is behind this door, more importantly, what would my sisters think?

Without stopping for another second, I threw the door open, seeing a toned man with tattoos and a beard.

He started looking me over, almost as if he was examining me, almost like he recognized me.

"I thought you'd be bigger. But you're definitely the one."

Now that I was up close, I could hear that his words were slightly slurred, and he also had braids in his beard.

"Long way from home, aren't you?"

I didn't question that he knew that I ran from home with my sisters, that was information that was easily accessible. Most of the people of Vale knew, hell, some farmers provide us with food. He could have easily found that out.

"What do you want?"

He looked me in the eyes and started nodding.

"Oh, you already know the answer to that."

"Whatever it is you seek, I do not have it. You should move on."

I turned back toward the door, ready to go back inside. Well, that was before I heard him laugh and start speaking again.

"And here I thought your kind was supposed to be so enlightened. So much better than us. So much smarter. And yet you hide out here in the woods, like a coward."

I turned around on him, slowly advancing on him, my glare was deadly as I stared into the man's eyes.

"You do not want this fight."

"Oh... I'm pretty sure I do."

He backhanded me, it barely even stung, but he was succeeding in making me angry, which is not something anybody wants to do.

"Leave. My. Home."

"You are going to have to kill me for that to happen."

He punched me in the face, barely moving my head, then he punched my stomach and uppercut me.

When he went for another punch, I grabbed it and started twisting his arm back.

"I warned you..."

"Finally"

I punched him so hard he flew at least ten feet before he hit the ground in front of me.

"You would not listen."

He was still on the ground while I contemplated going back inside.

"No... No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no."

I walked over to him and picked him up by his arm, before he started talking again, his speech even more slurred.

"Fine, my turn."