Things Betwixt

Ruby: Y/n, we need to get you to a doctor!

Me: I'll be fine, Ruby.

Yang: You're bleeding everywhere! 

I pulled a health stone out of my pouch and crushed it beneath my foot, its power surged through my body and closed my wounds.

Me: All better...

I stood up and went by the door.

Me: Pack your things, we are leaving in twenty minutes.

I walked outside and got on my scroll, which somehow survived my battle with the Stranger. I called Pyrrha. She answered almost immediately, as she usually does.

Pyrrha: Hey Y/n, what's up?

Me: I don't mean to be a burden. But do you think my sisters and I can stay with you until we go to Beacon?

Pyrrha: Um, yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Why, what happened?

Me: Someone found my home. I don't think they're alone in going after me. Beacon would be the safest place for us. But it took them years to find us. We should be fine to stay for a week or two at your house.

Pyrrha: You need to get here as soon as possible. I'm in Argus, it's a twelve-hour flight.

Me: Thanks, I'll be seeing you soon.

I hung up and put my scroll in my pouch and hung my axe from the omega. 

The girls picked up the dog and we started our hike through the woods. They marveled at the aftermath of my fight with the stranger. 

Ruby tried to look down the newly formed ravine.

Me: Do not look down the hole.

Ruby: Why not?

Me: Do not look down the hole!

She looked down like she was sad, she made me feel bad. I knelt down in front of her and put my hand on her shoulder.

Me: I do not mean to yell. I do not want you looking in the hole because of the thing that lies betwixt it.

She nodded and we continued on our way, stepping on the bullhead which would take us to Argus.

Ruby: Y/n, where are we going?

Me: We are going to Argus.

Ruby: Why are we going to Argus?

Me: Pyrrha lives there, she will let us stay with her until Yang and I leave for school.

Ruby: Where will I go after you leave?

Me: I will talk to the professor, we will figure something out. I will make sure that you are not left alone. Go to sleep, we will be there tomorrow.

A/n: Alright boys, I want to try something. My current schedule system seems generally ineffective and leaves stories not updated for months at a time. I want to try a new system. I want to try a voting system. I will leave a poll on the conversation page on my profile. Whatever story gets the most votes will be updated first, the second-highest number will be second. To avoid the same stories being updated repeatedly, I will not be putting the two stories on the poll for three weeks after they are updated.