Soulmates?

Your name is Y/N. You were born into a universe where soulmates exist. Everyone’s heart would faintly glow, and would get brighter the closer you were to your soulmate. However, if you were unfortunate enough to lose your soulmate…. Your heart would turn black.

Your name is Y/N. You were born with an inky black heart. Your soulmate died before you were even born. As you grew up you saw people around you with glowing chests. Some faint, some burning bright. You had only ever met a couple of other people with black hearts. But you’d never met someone born with a dead soulmate.

To say that you were depressed was an understatement. You were devastated when you learned why you weren’t like anyone else. Your shadow of a heart shattered into a million pieces. You had entertained the thought if suicide, to be with your soulmate. But you could never go through with it and, with time, you got over it. You made peace with the fact that you would die alone.

You were in your mid to late twenties when you had finally bought your own house. It an old victorian crown molding, and you loved it. It was just your style. It was also in a nice quiet town, which made it even better. You hadn’t actually been inside the house until you moved in. Maybe if you had, you would’ve moved in a LOT sooner. You walked into your new home, clutching the last box in your arms. Little did you know, a certain demon was watching.

As soon as Beetlejuce heard the moving trucks pull into the driveway he grumbles to himself. No one was supposed to buy this house except Lydia. So who the hell was this breather? Who did they think they were? He watched you like a hawk as you walked into the house. He phased through the floor and was prepping himself to give you the fright of your life before he froze. It was only by chance that he noticed it, but boy did he notice it. His heart was faintly glowing. His heart. Was glowing.

This is when he started to freak out. He didn’t know what to do. holyshitholyshitholyshit. Then it hit him. He had to make you say his name. Whatever it took. For so long he just assumed he’d never meet his soulmate. Or that he never had one to begin with. But now? He wasn’t about to let this opportunity slip away.

You, on the other hand, didn’t notice the faint glow of your heart right away. You looked around the living room before glancing down at the box in your arms. You had to do a double take once you saw your chest glow. The box slid out from your arms and hit the ground with a loud thud. You just stared, wide eyed. That’s when you too, started to panic. You never thought you’d see the day, but here it was. Immediately you thought to run out your door and see who was out there, but as soon as you got outside the glow dimmed.

Beetlejuce watched helplessly as you tried to leave. “Nonononono! I’m right here!”

Once you saw your heart dim you immediately ran back inside, watching as the light brightened. To say you were confused was a major understatement. You were alone in your house, so why was your heart glowing? Was there something wrong with you? Did you need to call an ambulance? Suddenly your thoughts were cut off when your broom that was leaning against the wall was thrown to the floor. You jumped and stared at it with wide eyes.

Beej was more than happy when he saw your reaction, his hair getting more neon by the second. He was practically vibrating. But, now what? He got your attention, sure, but what now? Again, he started to panic.

You looked around at the seemingly empty air. Your heart was racing and you put a hand over it. You were in disbelief, and you felt like you were having a heart attack. ’What the hell is happening?’