Chapter 4

Laila

"So..." Sameer asked me, waking me up from daydreaming.

"Umm, so?" I replied.

"What did you think?"

"About what?"

"About Kushi, yaar!"

"Who the hell is that?"

"You know, the hot girl from the elevator? We're you not paying attention or something?"

"Umm I don't know. Wait, what about Jiya?"

"Hey, she's like my soul mate dude. But I can hang out with Kushi, right?

"I guess so." I said uneasily. I went back to unpacking.

"So..." He asked again.

"What do you want!" I shouted at him.

"Woah there, I didn't know you would get that worked up."

"Sorry, I was... um... I don't know..."

"Oh, you're so naive."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I know, Laila, it's okay. You can tell me how you feel, alright?!"

"Wait, feel about what?"

"Do I have to tell you that too?"

I grinned on my spot on the bed, ditching my clothes and fake texting on my phone to avoid his eye contact. He walked over from his spot in the room and jumped onto my bed and grabbed my phone from my hands. "Hey!" I exclaimed.

"No one can text upside down." He said, holding up my phone.

"Dude stop!" I screamed trying to get my phone back. 

"Dude tell!"

"Ughh... you know what, fine. What do you want to know?"

"You know..."

"No, I don't know, you have to tell me." I said, crossing my arms.

"Ughh you such a little kid."

"If you don't tell me, how am I supposed to know what you want? I'm not a mind-reader!"

He got up from his spot with an annoyed face on his face and went back to working. He put all his stuff away in less than five minutes and he pushed me over to the other side of the bed. While I was trying to recollect myself, I saw him laying down on the bed, with his arms behind his head, his legs crossed, and his eyes closed. He's so weird. After a while of staring at his weirdness, I went back to the dresser where he kept my phone and plopped down right next to him. I saw him open one eye, and before I could blink, he swiftly grabbed my phone and ran out of the room. I sat there in shock but then jumped off the bed and chased after him.

We ran into the living room of the suite, him knocking a few decorations down. He kept running and running and after a while, I knew I could never catch up with him, so I decided to play a trick on him, a trick that works every time.

While he jumped over a couch, I purposely kicked the same couch with my leg and instantly fell down to the ground, grabbing on to my ankle.

'OWWW SAMEER!" I screamed, faking agony. He turned around and his wide grin quickly turned into a worried, shocked expression. He ran towards me, faster than I have ever seen him run and kneeled down to so if I was alright.

"Oh my God, Laila, I shouldn't have done that! I am so sorry! Are you badly injured, should I call 911?" He asked, genuinely worried. I quickly grabbed my phone and attempted to get up and run, but he found out I was faking soon enough and pinned my hands to my back tightly.

"Okay, what do you want? What do you keep bugging me for?" I asked, really annoyed.

He leaned closed to my ear and whispered, "I know you like him."

Rohan

As I walked into the lobby, I saw my group of friends, walking towards the food. I joined them hoping to find Aryan. "Hey guys!" I said.

"Hey Rohan, where ya been dude? We've been waiting for ages." Karan, who was Aryan's chamchaa number one, said.

"Dude chill, I was only gone for 10 minutes." I said, giving him a weird look. "Where's Aryan?" I said, looking around.

"Oh, I dunno man, he saw a group of girls and..." Vijay, who was Aryan's chamchaa number two, started.

"Alright, got it, man. Thanks" I said quickly and dashed off to go look for him.

As I started running away, I heard them screaming from the back, "Wait, what are we supposed to do?" They asked. They seriously need to get their lives together. They won't do anything without me or Aryan! I pretend I didn't hear them and continued looking for Aryan.

As I walk around, all I could think about was her. Her beautiful smile and her adorable dimples flashed every time I closed my eyes. Her luscious hair that was so think and naturally wavy, I could almost feel it. Her perfect figure with perfect curves and was perfectly proportional. I just couldn't stop thinking about how drop-dead gorgeous she looked.

I've seen many Bollywood movies (many is an understatement) and read a lot of books, and they always talk about love at first sight. They say that when you look at some, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in your Dil. All the sudden everything around you will seem magical and absolutely perfect. You will feel the wind blowing to your face and you start to see her face everywhere you go.

That all is happening. I don't know how or why, but it was happening to me? Is this really what they call love at first sight? I have never believed in it when I watched it on the silver screen, it just seemed to much like a fairy tale to be true, how the girl and the guy fall in love and they live happily ever after, but could that really be real? Was this really happening to me?

Laila

I stared at my brother with shock for a long time. How could he tell? Was it really that obvious? "Wha... What are you... um... talking about." I said, giving a small nervous laugh. I could feel my cheeks turn bright red. I tried to focus on the window or something else, something else besides him. I have never felt so embarrassed in front of him before. He could easily tell me about all his affairs with girls, so why couldn't I tell him about this? This was definitely very awkward.

"You know, Laila, I've told you everything there is to know about me, you are the only person in the world that knows this much about me so I trust you even more than my best friend, so why don't you tell me anything? I have always have to beg the answers out of you, whether it be about school or your friends. But this, this is something you have to tell me.  These types of feelings are not something that should be locked away in the cupboard. You have to let the people who are the closest to you know, and that means Chandini, Jiya, and I." He explained. 

I didn't know how I was going to start, or even say for that matter. How could I express it? "But I don't know how to explain it, Bhai, it just sorta... happened." I concluded. 

He paced back and forth in the room, still expecting an answer. "Okay, so tell me this, when you first saw him, what did you feel?" He asked. 

I was extremely confused. How did I feel? How was I supposed to express that into words? "Um... I don't know, like, something just happened in my heart I guess." I said. He shook his head with disapproval of what I said. He wants more? This is very awkward. After a while of thinking, I tried to relate it to something we both know. "Hey, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai!" I said, with a big grin, strangely feeling accomplished.

He stared at me with a weird look. "No, just, no." He said, unsatisfied. As he said that, our hotel door burst open and in came our parents and Sakhi. 

"Kya Bhai or Behen ki bich kaha ja raha hai? (What is being said between the siblings?)" My mom asked. We looked up at each other and started laughing.