Chapter 3

Rohan

"Hurry up, you lazy butt! We don't have all the time in the world! GO, GO, GO!" My mom exclaimed.

"Mom, chill, the Hilton is only 45 minutes away, we have a whole 3 hours before we have to be there." Kushi said.

"Arrey, beti. Don't you know we have to help decorate something's! Also we have to settle into the room and put all our clothes away and..."

"Mom! We're not moving! We're only staying there for a week!" I said, flabbergasted.

"Oh, whatever. Where's your brother? He always makes us late." Maa said as she ran back inside the house. She always gets so excited for these types of functions and it's absolutely hilarious when she tries to make us as excited as she is.

I sat behind the Driver's wheel of our 2014 BMW i8 and was ready to take a round on it. "Woah there kid, I don't think you're ready to drive that yet." I heard my sister say. She really gets on my nerves sometimes.

"Why don't you shush your mouth, get on in, and we can go there before mom so we don't have to hear her talk about the wedding crap." I said. She pondered on the offer for a while, looked around to see if anyone was watching, and put all of her luggage in quickly and we drove off. At the sound of the engine roaring, my mom rushed out and her jaw dropped to the ground to see me speed away with her most prized possession.  I was officially a dare-devil.

"What are you smirking about?" Kushi said, interrupting my moment of pride.

"Nothing... So.. um.. have you heard the Happy New Year is coming soon. We should definitely go watch it." I said. Bollywood is the one thing that keeps our whole family united. We all share the same passion for it, every Friday night; we would go to the nearest AMC theatre and watch the new release of a Bollywood. That is the only tradition we hold here in the Malhotra household.

"Bro, you have no idea how excited I am for this movie. I have already choreographed a dance to Lovely and Naina's other bridesmaids and I are going to perform it on the Sangeet night! I am so excited!" She replied. Kushi was a dancer from birth. She was classically trained in, like, 4 different Indian dance styles and she is a hella good Bollywood dancer. I swear if she had a dance-off with any of the actresses in Bollywood, she would sweep away the trophy in less than a heartbeat.

"Woah, where did you find the time to choreograph a whole new dance and teach it to your 'I-think-I'm-a-fabu-dancer-but-really-I-can't-even-twerk' friends?" I said, shocked. Kushi immediately started laughing her head off, because really, she couldn't deny it. Those girls were nowhere near as good as my sister. I may seem biased but if you have ever seen my sister dance, you will know I am a 100% right when I say that she could be Bollywood's next top choreographer.

After a while, we had taken the exit to Downtown Chicago. My sister attempted to read the map she had printed out earlier but her directions ended up taking us to an orphanage on the other side of town. I had to put the directions into my GPS, which took us forever because we had forgotten the address and Kushi had to call one of her friends for it and ended up having a full on conversation of what they were going to where tonight.

Once, we finally got to the place, we waited there for another 5 minutes waiting for our mom to get here and tell us which rooms we have.

"Umm... here's the thing, Sweety only book us a ..." I cut her off.

"Wait so I have to share a small hotel room with you! What is this crap! We don't even get respect here so why did we even come!" I said out of frustration.

"Beta, let me finish!" She said, extremely annoyed. "I was going to say she booked us 2 bedroom luxury suite. Dear lord these children are just off their rockers today!" She said.