Chapter 6

Laila

I really need to talk to him, somewhere where everyone won't so awkward.

I decided that I was going to get my dinner, in hopes that Rohan would tag along. He didn't say anything when I announced it. I got up really slowly from my seat and dug through my purse for my phone, since I don't go anywhere with out.

Please come, please come!

I didn't hear anything. I got frustrated and sped walk towards the plates.

What did this mean? Did he not want to talk to me?

I felt a tap at my left shoulder while gathering my utensils I might use. Oh the classic attention-getter! I looked to my left playing along so he doesn't feel awkward. I then turned to my right and saw him standing there with an adorable wide smile and dreamy eyes. "Hey!" I said, starting the conversation.

"Hey." He said in reply. Really, that's all your going to say. "So, um, your brother seems cool, ya know?" He said as we moved down the isle to grab some puris. Are we here to talk about us or my brother? Boys I tell you, they never know what to say at the right time!

"Yea, I guess. So..." I said, sounding a tad but uninterested. 

"Soooo..." He continued. Ughhh... please say something! "Soo.. um, you look very, uh..." I couldn't help but giggle. This boy was so damn cute!

"Thank you." I said.

"But I didn't finish, I could have said you look very hideous or something insulting." He replied, giving me that know-it-all look.

"But you weren't going to. And I know that." I replied.

"Well how can you be so sure."

"Because, I just am."

He gave me a long stare and smiled a little before I turned around to grab some Paneer. We didn't converse much for the rest of the time we were getting our food.

As I reached over to get some rasmalai, Mr. Perfect decided to grab the handle at the same exact time. I swear we felt a spark of connection. I felt him quickly look at me and then look back at his plate of food. I backed off and gestured him to take the dessert.

"No no, ladies first." He said. I smiled and poured my helping of rasmalai onto my plate, quickly grabbing napkins and heading back to my seat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"No, I bet she can win over a million hearts with just one thumka!" My brother yelled.

"Oh yeah!? Just with his presence on the dance floor, he can woo all the girls!!" Kushi exclaimed!

"Wait, what's going on here?" I whispered to Jiya.

"That idiot girl said Mr. Perfect was the best dancer in the world or something like that and your brother stood up for you and said you were." Jiya said, as she sighed hopelessly.

"That's actually really funny. Wait, why are they talking about us?" I said, as I looked over at her, tearing my eyes away from the heated conversation going on at the table. She seemed very sad, very unlike the Jiya I know. "Kya hua? (What happened?)" I asked Jiya.

"Arrey, this stupid brother of yours won't stop talking to that fake Barbie doll. I swear my dreams with him are close to an end," She said, tearing up.

"OMG no Jiya, he's just talking! It's not like they are flirting or something!" I said reassuringly.

"Hmph. Whatever." She said, with a sigh. "So what happened over there?"