Getting the Job Done

Winter had called your uncle and had given him the details of the desired assignment. You played innocent and claimed to have an idea of the mission or what Winter was planning. After getting home one night, she walked into the kitchen and you entered from the living room and she laid out some files on the table. You could see maps, troop roster, ship placement and transportation details, the works.

(Y/N): Looks like he's pulling out all the stops for this one.

Winter: Purely black-ops. The last thing the Council needs to know about is this mission.

(Y/N): They wouldn't know about it unless we tell them to their faces.

Winter: Fair point.

(Y/N): Alright. I'll sneak aboard one of the bullheads. Should be relatively easy to do. You just let me know the bullheads and I'll-

Winter: Or...maybe we just follow through with how the mission is designed.

(Y/N): What? Weren't you on board with the plan we had BEFORE the mission was greenlight?!

Winter: I'm just thinking about the risk.

(Y/N): The risk?! Winter, I'm a captain in the Atlas military! I can handle risk!

Winter: What about unnecessary risk!

(Y/N): What unnecessary risks? It's a black-op! Nothing I haven't run before!

Winter: Unnecessary risks to you!

(Y/N): To me?! Winter what are you talking a-

Winter: I can't let anything happen to you!

You reeled back a bit. Winter had a small outburst, clearly not under her normal guise. She seemed to calm down slightly as you took a step towards her, raising your hands to almost encompass her.

(Y/N): Winter...? Winter, the hell are you saying?

Winter: I'm sorry.

(Y/N): Sorry? Sorry for-

Winter opened her palms and four glyphs opened around you and two on your wrists.

(Y/N): Winter!

Winter moved the glyphs and forced you to fly throughout your apartment and held by her glyphs and kept in place. You struggled against your restraints as Winter seemed to use more power from her semblance to keep you under wraps. You looked back at Winter and saw her packing up the gear and getting ready to leave.

(Y/N): Winter?! Winter what are you doing?!

Winter: I'm sorry. But I'm not letting you take ANY unnecessary risks nor am I allowing you to ruin yourself and your life over a petty grudge!

(Y/N): Says the girl who was so petty enough to not stay with their parents all because of her father!

Winter: You know why I did that!

(Y/N): Then you should let me help!

Winter: (Y/N)...we both know why I'm doing this.

Winter looked over at you and you looked back at her. Both sets of eyes have the same message of pain yet compassion and understanding of one another. You actually began to have a tear in your eye as did Winter's. She then kept the glyphs up and walked out the door, leaving you trapped in your own apartment.

(Y/N): I love you too.

Hours must have passed and finally the glyphs disappeared around your arms and legs. You fell onto the ground and landed on your back. You quickly got up and saw the time. About two hours. That was more than enough time for the mission to go ahead. You cracked your neck, took out your scroll and saw your mother's beacon was still present. About 20 miles out. Easy.