two

“We are young, we’re foolish to the night.”

[ louis ]

She blocked me. The feisty chic who had just prank called me earlier fucking blocked my number. People these days should take a fucking joke. I huffed in annoyance and rolled off the sofa (where I’ve been laying on all day) to go find my roommate.

“Zayn?” I mumbled squinting my eyes as I advanced towards his room. I’ve been living in the living room all day without turning on the lights so that explains the effect of light on my eyes.

“What do you want, man?” He asked, not turning his face from the computer screen. I swear, that guy was born with a computer joint at his hips. That would be pretty weird, to begin with.

“Mate, help me find a way to make a chic unblock my number.” I laid on his bed.

“First things first, get off my bed. You’ve been lying around all day so it’s probably not too good for your health, yea?”

“You’ve spent your entire day on that computer and I don’t think that’s pretty fucking healthy either.” I grunted.

“At least I’ve showered today.” Shit, I forgot to shower.

“I was just going to do that. Now will you stop attacking me and tell me if you can help me or not?”

“Well, man, I would do anything for you but you must’ve pissed her off or something to make her block you.”

“Is that a yes or a no?”

“That’s a no. Sorry, man.” I grunted once again, rummaging through my head for people or things I can blackmail him with.

“I’ll tell Perrie you like her.” A sly smile crept on my face.

“You barely even leave the house, how are you going to pull that off?” He questions. Although he was calm, I’ve known him for years that I could tell whether he was faking it or not – and this was one of the times when he was.

“Are you seriously asking me that?” I retorted, the sly smile still present on my face – it was fun getting under his skin and getting him all worked up at the mention of her name. I’ve told him to grow a pair and just ask her out but he wouldn’t listen so it’s basically his fault that I’m blackmailing him.

“Give me your phone,” he sighed, rolling his eyes.

“Thanks, man. I knew you would say yes.” I grinned.

I heard him mutter profanities as I walked out of his room, advancing towards the shower.

…..

“So basically, I’ve worked my magic and unblocked your number on her phone.” He threw me my phone, making it land exactly next to me on the couch. “You know, I’m starting to think that I should personally get rid of that damn couch. All you do all day is sit there, watch TV and eat Chinese take-out. You don’t even go to your room anymore – you basically live on that thing.”

“Are you quite done yet?” I glared at him.

“Just looking out for you,” he stated, throwing his hands up in defeat.

“Look, mate, I’m sorry. There’s just a lot of things going on in my head right now and I’m trying to distract myself from it, yea? I know that I’ve been hard on you and I wonder why you even stick around but bear with me here.” I sighed, rubbing temples on my forehead.

“Yeah, you can be a handful.” I gave him a ‘bitch really?’ look. Thankfully, he caught on soon enough, “But… you’re my best mate and I’ve seen you at your best and your worst and I’ll stick around for you. Happy?”