christmas spirit- tyler

since it was now the first of december, you decided it was the perfect time to put up your christmas tree.
you and your boyfriend tyler, have always been big when it came to the holidays.

you looked at all of the decorations in front of you, wondering if it was possible to get them all up by yourself considering the tree was larger than the average christmas tree.
tyler was out getting things for the night, so you knew you would have to start it on your own.

you got everything out and separated the lights, ornaments, etc...
you decided to start with the lights first.

you tried your best to get the lights up as best as you could. your goal was to have the tree almost finished by the time tyler got back, but you weren't entirely confident in that plan.
-
after getting halfway through the ornaments, you heard the front door open and close behind you.

"hey babe, the tree looks lovely." he greeted you as he set the few bags of groceries down on the counter.

"thanks, its been a hassle but i think I managed to pull it all together." you chuckled as you stood back and examined it.

tyler made his way over to you, hugging you from behind.
"its beautiful, just like you." he smiled as he spread small kisses along your cheek, making you giggle.

"god, you're so cheesy." you turned to face him.

"what can i say? just tryin' to get in the holiday spirit." he said.

you both stood, enjoying each others company. the lights from the tree were reflecting in his eyes, making them gleam brighter than before. you could stare into them forever if you could.

you snapped yourself out of it, bringing yourself back into reality.
"well, i should probably finish putting these up." you say, trying to finish what you had started.

"I say we get started on those cookies first, how about that?" he smirked as he took your hand in his.

"I wanna get this done though ty, im almost finished anyway. you can go ahead and get a head start on the cookies though." you turned back around to continue.

he jokingly acted sad as me moped his way into the kitchen. you took notice, and also jokingly squinted at him.

you both then went about your business but knowing tyler, he didnt like silence all that much.

"alexa, play build me up butter cup by the foundations." tyler requested to the small speaker.

*playing 'build me up butter cup by the foundations'*

you knew this was one of tylers favorite songs, and you couldn't help but let it be yours as well.
as you hummed along to the song, you heard tyler singing it aloud. its not that you haven't heard him sing it a million times before, but you just couldnt get enough of his voice. it was another part of him that made you realize how lucky you were to have someone like him. he was one of a kind.
you smiled to yourself at the thought.

as you were in your own little world, you felt something hit your back.

you turned around to find tyler wiggling his eyebrows at you.
you knew exactly what he meant.

you gestured at the tree, mouthing the word 'sorry.'

he then started walking closer to you, "nope, come on, you are gonna have some fun." he grabbed your wrist and gracefully pulled you into him.

"but tyler I-" he cut you off, as he swiftly spun you and dipped you.

"just dance with me." he grinned.
you finally gave in.

the two of you spun around your living room, shouting the lyrics to the song.
tyler sung out the sweet words to you, in a very theatrical manner making you laugh harder than you were before.

that was when tyler pulled you in by your waist, and stared into your eyes. both of you had a moment where you reminded yourselves that yes, you were both madly in love with each other.

"ya know," he tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, "if you were my christmas tree decoration, you'd be the star on top." he cheekily smiled at you.

"as corny and cliche as that is, thats actually really sweet." you chuckled.

he pulled you even closer to him, not taking an eye off of you.

you glanced at his lips, him doing the same and within seconds your lips met.
he tasted like raw cookie dough and mint candies.

"now how about those cookies?" he smiled, his head pressed against yours.

"those can wait a little longer." you grinned, pulling him in again.
-----------------------------

okay i know its not the 1st of december anymore but it went good w the concept hahah enjoy :))