drunken nights- josh

it was an average saturday evening at the bar you worked at. it was never super busy, but the weekends definitely called out to more people.

you were picking up a few glasses from the counter when you heard the little bell from the top of the door ring.
you looked over to see a couple of guys walk in, one you recognized because he's sort of a regular at the bar. his name was tyler, as you've of come to learn. the other one you've never seen before, but he caught your eye.

you smiled at them as they made their way to the bar stools in front of you.

"hey." tyler gestured to you.

you smiled at them, "hey tyler, how's it goin'?"

the two of them made their way to the bar stools in front of you.

"im doing great actually." he told you.

"that's good to hear," you said, looking over at the other man.
"who's this?" you asked him.

"oh sorry, im josh." he chuckled and stuck out his hand for you to shake.

"hi josh, im y/n and ill be your server tonight." you confidently said, wanting to make a good impression. you werent going to lie, he was good looking.

"y/n's been serving me for quite some time now, she's cool." tyler said, almost as if he was trying to put in a good word for you. and by the look on his face, he was.

"well, what can i get you two?" you asked.

"ill just have my regular." tyler told you.

"alright, and for you?" you turned to josh.

"i-ill just have what he's having." he stuttered a bit.

"comin' right up." you winked at him, and turned around to make their beverages. even though you couldn't see, josh raised an eyebrow at you, and looked you up and down.
you noticed they were talking about something, but you couldn't really focus because of the slight music playing throughout the place.

after a few short moments, you gave them their drinks.

"thank you." josh said to you, giving you a look like he was fascinated in something.
you just smiled at him.

tyler then left to change the song at the small machine, like he usually did.

"so, how did you become a bartender?" josh questioned, taking a sip of his drink.

"eh i don't know, ive never been big into the idea of having to have some big profession and this place is definitely my scene." you chuckled as you started tidying things up.

"thats understandable. this seems like a fun job to have anyway." he replied.

you scoffed, "you'd be surprised."

"why is that?"

"i always have to deal with the super drunk old guys, and i wouldn't have a problem with that if old men weren't so stubborn ya know?" you sighed.

"i see where you're coming from." he laughed, his eyes giving you a certain look as they peeked from above his glass which made you blush madly.

-

an hour or two went by, and lets just say you served tyler and josh quite a few drinks since then.

you knew tyler wasn't a huge lightweight, and he wasn't drinking as much as he normally would since he was driving. you weren't so sure about josh being a lightweight though.

"hey pretty ladyyy," josh turned towards you in the spinny chair, "could you tell me where the bathroom is?" he slurred.

"it's towards the back, to your left." you chuckled at him.

he stood up, and swerved his way there.

"good luck getting him home tonight." you told tyler.

"thanks." he smiled, shaking his head.

after a few minutes, josh came back.

"i'm back." he sat back down at the counter, "that was the longest piss ever." that made you and tyler laugh hard.

"okay okay, i think we should get going josh. you are gonna be close to dead tomorrow morning." tyler pointed out.

"noooo, one more for the road come on." he whined.

tyler hesitated, but let him have one more drink.

"besides, that gives me more time to spend with you." josh smirked at you. you made him one last drink, making it special by adding a cherry inside. you noticed how alcohol gave him this sudden confidence boost, and you secretly hoped he meant the looks and things he said to you.

he finished the drink, and tyler basically had to force him out from his chair.

"thank you for the drinks y/n, we'll be sure to come again." tyler said. you smiled at the thought.

"yea, thank you y/n. that's a pretty name. pretty name for a pretty lady." josh bit his lip, giving you finger guns.

you giggled at his comment.

as they started walking to the front door, you called out to josh.

"hey josh!"

he turned around and walked back over to you.

you folded up the small piece of paper you wrote your number on, and stuck it in the small pocket of his flannel.

"that is for tomorrow morning." you patted his shoulder.

and with that, they left and you were left hoping whatever you and josh had would be real.