Deadline

After Juniper and Ash Rosewood left the Dreemurr residence, Toriel baked snail pie for dinner. Asriel and Lilac enjoyed it greatly. Lilac wondered if something about being a Boss Monster made her love snails.

"How is it?" Toriel asked.

Lilac swallowed her mouthful of pie. "It's delicious!"

Asriel licked his lips. "I could eat ten snail pies," he said, "and I'd still be hungry for more!"

Asgore laughed. "You really love snail pie, don't you, son?"

Asriel nodded. "This is the best snail pie yet!"

"Finish your dinner, you two," Toriel said, "and then you should get ready for bed."

The kids finished their pie, bathed, and got ready for bed.

"Good night, Lilac," Asriel said.

"Night, Azzy," Lilac responded, falling asleep... and slipping into the dream world.

Lilac awoke in the misty place which was the dream realm. Chara stood behind her, the evil human's very presence freezing the goat.

"So, you've reestablished a connection with your human parents, is that right?" Chara asked.

Lilac turned to face the crimson-eyed human, who was twirling her Real Knife.

"Gotta say, you should consider yourself lucky," Chara continued. "One thing I learned about human-monster families? They never work. Juniper and Ash will try to kill you first chance they get."

"No, they won't!" Lilac was furious that Chara would dare say such crap.

"Oh, really?" Chara laughed humorlessly. "And what if they find out that you killed nearly every monster? They want a perfect daughter, not a psychotic murderer."

"The only psycho murderer around here is you, Chara!" Lilac said defiantly. "You punished me for doing a Genocide Run which you suggested! You torment me with nightmare after nightmare! You—"

"That's right," Chara said. "I did suggest Genocide, didn't I? And do you know why?"

Lilac stared at the human for a while, and suddenly, the pieces fell into place. If the Genocide run was completed...

"You're insane!" Lilac cried.

Chara laughed. "So you figured it out, huh? Smart girl. So just RESET, and we'll do one last run, completing that aborted run. You have 44 hours to comply, or I'll force you to do it myself. Is that clear?"

Lilac trembled. "You—you—"

"And don't get any ideas," Chara said. "Because you're not in control!!" Chara slashed with her Real Knife.

Lilac woke up screaming. Asriel rushed over, and hugged her tightly.

"The nightmare..." Lilac squeaked. "It's..."

Asriel shushed Lilac, and climbed into bed with her. "It's alright," he said. "I've got you."