𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1 - 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒆

~ Clouds of black smoke and the roaring sounds of fire surrounded you as your weak form lay flat on the floor.
The wooden pillars that held the building were collapsing slowly before your eyes.
Your vision got blurry as the overwhelming amount of carbon dioxide gradually took over your body making you cough and gasp for air.
You were helpless. You had lost everything. The only thing you had left with you were the tears you shed as you accepted your fate and gave up on everything as you took your final glances at the other lifeless figures that were on the floor far away from your reach.
Your eyelids slowly started to close as the last thing you see is a dark figure approaching you followed by a loud growl that pierced your ears ~

Your body shot upright as you screamed from the nightmare you just had.
All you could hear now was the sound of your alarm blaring as it echoed off the walls of your bedroom.
Your tears were rolling down your face like hot streams alongside the beads of sweat that dripped from your forehead.
You tried to calm yourself by taking deep breaths and rubbing your chest to stop your pounding heart.
You've had these nightmares for a while now. You didn't know what to do.
Normally people would try to seek therapy but you, being the person that you are, you always tried to fix it on your own terms, in your own way.
You finally let out a deep sigh after you found your composure and got out of bed dragging yourself to the bathroom so you could get ready to start the day.
An hour later you were downstairs eating your breakfast when you heard the doorbell ring.
"Who would be here this early?" you said to yourself as you walked up to the door and opened it.
"Oh Junho. What are you doing here?" you asked the guy stood at your door step.
"The guys over at work told me that your car was at the workshop today. They wanted to send a car for you but I thought I might as well give you a ride since we live close by." He answered back with a smile on his face.
"Oh I see, well that wasn't necessary but still thank you. Would you like to come in and wait while I get my things?" You asked as you gestured into your living room
"Oh no that's ok, I can wait in the car, oh I see Captain Kim is here" He said as he looked inside
"Heh yeah. They just came in today. Well then if you'll wait in the car I'll be out in a few minutes" You replied back as you turned to get back inside to prepare your things.
A little while later you were on your way out the door before turning to look at the living room and saying "Bye mom, bye dad, love you."

~ time skip ~

You were now in your office.
You had a few documents on your desk that needed to be looked through.
You loved your job and it helped you feel like you've accomplished something in your life when you always felt so useless.
You couldn't help feel this way because of the dark things you've faced in your past and it was because of that very reason you are who you are today trying to solve the mysteries and seek justice for your past.

*sigh*
"Finally..." you said as you closed the last folder after signing off the papers inside. You finally finished your work so you put away all the folders and quickly chugged the remaining coffee in your mug before you stood up off your chair to get your coat.

A few seconds later you were at the door to your office opening it to be met with a pair of beautiful big brown doe eyes.
You were frozen in place, as time seemed to stop and a rush of feelings started to overwhelm your body.
You couldn't quite describe what you were feeling. You felt like you were floating, as if your soul was magnetically being pulled towards the man standing in front of you that you actually had to tighten your grip on the door frame.
He had long brown wavy hair that fell on either sides of his face.
His smile, was beautiful, .... he was beautiful and you couldn't help but feel like you found your soul'mate'.

You were so lost in the euphoric trance not understanding what was going on with you mentally and physically.
You thought you were hallucinating and so to prove that you weren't, you put out your arm to shake his hand but before your hands could touch his, which were also reaching out to you, you felt the last wave of emotions and dizziness overpower you as your knees finally gave up and you began to fall. Your head was about to hit the ground when you felt two strong arms catch your body and hold you tightly. All you could remember was his smell and the pounding of his heart as your vision slowly faded to black not long before you saw his eyes flash a bright amber color.