Chapter 11: Rotten Eggs

On the nature programs Donatello loved, Raphael had seen animals that killed not to satisfy an ever lingering hunger, but that fed just to feel a rush of adrenaline, pleasure, and here he saw one more. By the time Leonardo was finished, he had bitten down into the demon's throat, his teeth rending the flesh like saw blades until Abigor's head hung caned, nearly off her shoulders. Spine and bone were sliced to pieces.

Raphael shut his eyes tight for a second. There would be no reasoning with his brother now. He glanced over his shoulder at his brothers and Master just now catching up. "Leo..."

Locked in bloodlust, Leonardo felt the presence of another thing in the room, hostile and dangerous to tell from its movements. His first target was nearly suckled oud of life so he turned his attention to this new one, cocking his head to the side. Leo vaguely reminded Raph of a curious animal; predator encountering a foreign prey.

The red-clad turtle breathed hard and took another step back. His strength had been spent in the effort to escape the Shellraiser and his brother had obviously taken drastic measures to take out the female demon in their absences. They couldn't fight both his brother and the female demon, they would be stuck fighting in circles until they were all dust beneath the two immortal's feet.

"Looks like he doesn't remember you." Abigor wheezed, her vocal cords pulling taut as she spat out blood.

"Shut up!" Raphael snapped, turning to see the rest of his family.

"This is almost worth the trouble he'd cost me." The demon continued, goading him. "I will have the pleasure of watching him kill you before I take-"

"I could kill you if I wanted to, with a snap of my fingers." Leonardo hissed calmly, as if this was the most normal thing you could tell someone. To emphasised his point, he pressed his thumb against his index and middle finger, ready to snap at any moment, ending Abigor's life if he wanted. "I can finish the job, no one else has ever had the power to complete."

"Leo." Michelangelo whispered, as if saying the name low and soft like he used to, to bring back the big brother that the turtles knew.

Leo was the big brother they'd learn to reply on, the Fearless leader that was capable of anything, he was simply just... Leo. The light in their darkness, guiding them back to home. He was also the end of them, turning them to home. He was also the end of them, turning them against anyone who dared to hurt him.

"Leo's dead." Leonardo's eyes flickered to crimson red, like the sun setting in the starless sky.

Donatello's eyes widened at his "brother"s' words and he nearly allowed his jaw to drop to the ground at its venomous intentions. "Who are you?"

"A monster- A true demon!" Abigor let out a wheezing cackle.

"I'll make it hurt- for my favourite bitch..." Leonardo sneered before he slowly raised his hands into the air.

The female demon let out a loud, ear-piercing shriek-like laughter in the demoned hills. Her black eyes turned into human hues as she wept and wailed, blood starting to replace her tears. Then out of the snotty, snivelling whimpers, Abigor let out another laugh.

"You still can't finish the job. Demons are forever- I'll be an immortal thorn in your side-"

"I'm stronger than that now. Now..." Leo's lips parted into a malicious grin as he slowly tipped his head to the side. "Now, I can kill. Easily." He curled his hand int a fist and thrust upwards.

Abigor's body sprawled onto the floor, flames eating away at her flesh as they seemed to twist and curl into her body. Then her eyes burned into her skull, her hair singed into ash as she literally scorched into the floor. The ash settled onto the pavement, the screams hanging like a whisper in the air.