~ Chapter 1 ~ ✔

MANIK MALHOTRA was working in his office completely oblivious to all the other things.

The face that always used to shine with a bright smile was now marred with a permanent frown.

His once sparkling black eyes that used to shine with mischief were now dull with no light. His lips that were always smiling toward others were now set in a tight line.

MANIK MALHOTRA.

A simple name yet once upon a time it had the power to bring smile on every member of the Blood Moon Pack.

He was the only son of Raj and Nyonika Malhotra. After years of prayers they were given their bundle of joy as a small baby boy. He was the cause of their happiness. He was loved by everyone in the pack.

After growing into a young boy he possessed a charm that nobody could ignore. He was the little cutie of the whole pack. His cuteness was increased double-fold due to his clear fascination about his mate.

Like how cutely he used get proud of just talking about his mate. "My mate will be the cutest and sweetest little thing you people have ever seen"

How just the topic if his 18th birthday made him feel all giddy that soon his mate will be close to him. "One week to go" said a smiling Manik while circling yet another date which left one week for his 18th birthday.

How sometimes he used to blush when the elders of the pack teased him on the topic of mates.

How he used to stare off in space and think about her all the while smiling to himself.

But now nothing was the same. After many years of waiting and hoping he lost all his hope and became busy in his Alpha duties.

All the pack mourned for the loss of their cute ball of happiness that he once used to be. Now nothing was the same.

The Blood Moon Pack became Blood Red Moon Pack many years ago as a result of the merger between Blood Moon Pack and Red Moon Pack.

After surviving a big attack from rouges the Red Moon Pack was not able to suffer alone so the Alpha of their pack decided to step down and join their pack with other pack giving them full authority of both the packs.

Manik was furiously typing away on his computer when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" he said in a cold voice.

"Holy shit, you are alive!" Abhimanyu said sarcastically while sitting in front of Manik.

Abhimanyu was Manik's beta and best friend. Son of the Alpha of the pack that merged with Manik's pack. They were friends since the time they could remember. At the time of merger both of them were 9 years old. 

"Abhimanyu please, don't start your bull sh*t right now I am busy" Manik said in serious tone and Abhi made faces while mimicking him. 

"Tell me something new man," Abhi said in a bored tone. 

"What.Do.You.Want???" Manik said being annoyed. 

"Ummm.....me... I don't want anything, yesterday I went shopping with Mukti, so I have everything right now, thanks for asking though," Abhi said with a proud look. 

Abhi was smiling looking at Manik and Manik was giving him 'stop-being-an-ass' look. 

"What i meant was, whay work do you have with me?? " Manik asked gritting his teeth and Abhi gave a sheepish smile. 

This was his everyday's work. He didn't have any specific reason for coming to Manik but still, he used to come at his office only to get dour-faced-grumpy-older-person like Manik sitting in front of him with a constipated face. 

He knew deep down that Manik didn't showed but he always looked forward to his arrival. After all they once used to be friends for life. They still were but Manik had closed off himself from everyone. 

"What, can't I come to meet my BFF!" Abhi said with a sad smile while looking at Manik. On seeing his sadness Manik averted his gaze and looked here and there. 

"Abhi please, just... just go!" Manik said with a lump in his throat while remembering their good old days. 

Flashback: 

Abhi and Manik were walking towards the exit of the school premises after the final bell rang. Today was Manik's 18th birthday. He was bouncing and humming excitedly. 

"Manikkkk" Abhi whined causing Manik to stop in his tracks and stop his humming. 

"What now!?" Manik said in a annoyed tone and Abhi stomped his feet with a pout. 

"Stop jumpind dude! People are staring, nd looking like you as if you are an alien, and I don't wanna be associated with a person who is alien to the other people!" Abhi said in complaining tone causing Manik to laugh loudly. 

"Manikkkkk ! Hahaha! Isn't it so funny!?! Stop laughing you ass." Abhi again whined but manik didn't stop laughing, at last getting tired of his Satan like laugh Abhi tricked him, 

"Manik look your Mate" Abhi said out of nowhere pointing behind Manik while he was still laughing. 

What... where?? " Manik said immediately looking around. After a second he realized "Wait, why can't I smell her!??" On hearing laughter he turned towards Abhi. 

"Abhiiii!!!! you dufus" saying this he ran behind him. 

Flashback End 

"Manik listen..." Abhi was saying something when all of a sudden he stopped, his eyes turning hazy. 

"What happened??" Manik asked 

"Cabir mind linked me ..... they have caught a rouge on the east side at border while patroling," Abhi said immediately getting up. 

Manik also hurriedly stood up. "Let's have some fun" Manik said with a devious smirk.  

***