7 | A night alone

ETHAN
It was the very next day, evening to be more specific when Grayson walked through that door. I was upset, but I knew he was just spending time with his girlfriend. I wasn't sure what title we had, and I never questioned it. I felt guilty seeing Amanda kissing on Grayson knowing I had done it once. Well Grayson kissed me. It was hard to watch. I watched intently as he kissed her goodbye then shut the door.

Cute.

She's still a bitch though.

"Hello!" Grayson was now looking at me.

"Hey."

"What's wrong?"

There was nothing wrong really. I just didn't want to ruin Amanda's relationship before telling you. He's honestly such an idiot. I decided against saying that I didn't want to ruin their relationship.

"Nothing."

"Yes, there is." He was sitting now by me.

I didn't say anything.

"Look, Ethan, we both knew that getting into whatever we have going on was going to be hard. You can't expect to just go off and break up with Amanda for y-"

"Shut up. Just shut up. Yesterday you told me all those things. I didn't actually think you were going to do it right away. But you have to think about the consequences. We can't keep this a secret forever!"

He was really expecting me to not be hurt by any sweet gesture he made towards her. I mean I knew what to expect, but that didn't mean it wouldn't hurt any less. I was actually in love with Grayson, but I knew he hadn't reached that point yet. I was confused. But I didn't want to ruin whatever he had even though I knew deep down, it wouldn't last very long.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Just leave."

"I'm not leaving you."

I shrugged.

"We have tonight alone. We can make dinner, watch a movie, and do whatever the hell you want. Please, Eth?"

The stubborn part of me wanted to say "no" and move on. But the part of me that was in love with Grayson said, "Fine."

"What were you thinking?"

"Sandwiches?"

"Sandwiches?" He replied, "Don't you want a romantic dinner?" His lips turned upwards in a smile.

"Sandwiches."

"Sandwiches it is then, prince charming." He kissed my cheek then got up from beside. I assumed he was making a sandwich for both of us. Which shouldn't take too long. No matter what he did, Graysons always found a way to dig himself back into your heart. You couldn't help but blush's and smile at his constant flirting, and light kisses. He was everything and more I wanted in a guy.

It wasn't too long before Grayson entered back into the room with four sandwiches with a side of grapes on the plate. I smirked as I watched him carefully carry the plate.

"You sure know your way around the kitchen." I teased.

"Just like I know my way around you-"

"Stop."

He laughed then set the plate down on the table. For a couple of sandwiches and some grapes, it looked delicious. I don't really remember what I ate today and yesterday, but I'm sure it wasn't too much considering how good these little snacks looked.

"Movie?" He questioned.

"Or we could just talk and cuddle." I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan."

The next thing I knew, Grayson and I were cuddled up next to each other eating our sandwiches. As silly as it may seem, I actually felt like we were an official couple. We didn't have to worry about what anyone else thought because we had each other. I wanted to tell him that I loved him. But I knew it wasn't the right time.

"Can I ask you something?" I look up at him. His chest felt like a goddamn rock, but it was comfortable nonetheless.

"Anything." He smiled.

"When we agreed to do this, what was your first though about Amanda?"

It went quiet for a moment.

"Please don't take offense to this. I like you a lot. But, when you're with gorgeous girls like Amanda, you want nothing more. I felt like my feelings for you were always there. But the night I grabbed your hand, and we shared those fries. As funny as it may seem, it was really a moment for me, Eth. Look there's no doubt I have some solid feelings for Amanda no matter how bad she gets. But it doesn't block any feelings I have for you. I'm honestly unsure. But I know I want you. Way more than I want her, I just don't have the balls, and I keep thinking about Jack and Doug.

I tensed up at the mentioning of Dougs name.

"I understand. Why give up her for someone like me?"

"No it's definitely not like that. You're literally the most attractive guy I have ever seen. You're intelligent, you're funny, very flirty, and fun to be around. I just want to figure is out more right now. But I can't let Amanda go. It's hard to talk about now, but you'll see when the time is right, I'll be able to be your official boyfriend. You and me."

I planted a soft kiss on his neck then continued to lay my head on his chest. It was odd what we had, and to many it was wrong. But I enjoy and maybe one day we can make it official.
*
hey love bugs :)