Chapter 1

"Elle est debout juste derrière moi

Elle me sourit, détourne les yeux

Je crois comprendre son drôle de jeu"

"What do you mean you lost a miraculous?!" Marinette asked as Master Fu was going through his stuff for the third time in a row.

"It appears so, Marinette, It must have fallen when I relocated" Master Fu was in great distress, and it showed.

"But that was months ago Master! there's no way we're going to find it now! How come you didn't notice before?!"

"It's not like I go through them every day Marinette, I was actually going to take a look at them before my trip to the temple of the guardians, but now... There's no way I can go there having lost another Miraculous!" Fu sat on a small couch covering his face with his hands. Marinette felt bad for him, he had been through a lot these past few months, and now when he thought everything was falling into place this happens.

"Chat Noir and I will be on the lookout, but you have to tell me how it looks like so if we see it, we'll be able to recognize it, cause I don't suppose you have a picture of it?" Marinette said trying to comfort him, she knew it wasn't his fault, and she couldn't be mad at him.

Master Fu sighted "It's the fish miraculous, it looks like a white anklet with five pearls attached to it when it's charged it turns completely silver"

"Don't worry Master, we'll find it!" And just like that Marinette left the cinema were Master Fu was now working "I guess we'll have to meet Chat tonight to tell him the news, Tikki... This is terrible! I can't imagine how Master Fu is feeling!" Marinette said heart broken.

"The fish miraculous is a very powerful one, Marinette, it can be terrible in the wrong hands" Tikki answered from Marinette's purse

"What kind of powers does it give you?" Marinette asked, she was very curious but hadn't dared to ask Master Fu about it, he seemed deeply troubled.

"It's also known as the miraculous of the mind, it gives its owner the ability to read and control minds!" Tikki said half exited half terrified.

"Wow, I guess you're right, a thing like that can be really dangerous"

"Or very useful if you think about it, it all depends on who uses it" Tikki corrected "But now you got to run now Marinette, you don't want to be late for your first day at the lycée!" Marinette gasped looking at the time and started running.

"You're right... I'm so mad this new school is not as close to my house as the old one used to be" Tikki giggled hiding in Marinette's purse as Marinette ran, It took Marinete exactly 20 minutes tunning full speed to reach her destination "Alya!" She yelled as she saw her best friend talking to Nino and... Adrien. Alya turned around and Marinette reached her at the top of the stairs.

"Hey gurl" Alya said to Marinette as she was trying to catch up her breath "I was just telling the guys that you and I have the same classes together, and it turns out they have some classes with us as well!" Alya added with a wink. And Marinette managed to smile a little.

"You're ten minutes early Marinette, why were you running?" Adrien asked, looking at the watch on his wrist, genuinely concerned about Marinette's state, but she looked confused, according to her phone she was 5 minutes late!

"I might or might not have fiddled with her phone's clock so that she would stop being late to everywhere," Alya said while hugging her with one arm. Marinette was visibly surprised but Alya ignored it and winked at her "You're welcome, now let's get to class before we're all late for real"