Zombie Apocalypse - The Attack

CHAPTER 1
Joshua, a small school boy with the age of 10 is in school. His friends are Mary,Mark,John, and Matthew are busy doing seat works. Their teacher, Mr.Jefrey, is teaching math. For them it was an ordinary day, but they didn't know that their life is about change. During algebra, the radio said that there is an outbreak of rabies in Africa and it's spreading.
John said " Rabies is scary, it always come from animals and people who are bitten behaves like animals"
" When I saw the report of rabies, I thought they were zombies" Mary replied.
"Nah! Zombies aren't real. They don't exist" Mark said.
"Quiet there! Could you please answer the seatwork?" Mr.Jefrey shouted.
Then everybody said "Yes teacher".
But suddenly, people outside began screaming and running away from a group of ugly people. Those people are biting other persons and those persons who are bitten became like them. Everyone panicked and began saying "What are those things?" or "Mommy! I want my mommy!".
Mr.Jefrey nervously said "Calm down students it's okay we are safe here, none of those-" suddenly a zombie attacked him.
Everyone began screaming and running away. Joshua called his friends.
" What are we gonna do?" Mary said. Mark quickly said " Let's get out of here first"
The friends sprinted away. They saw their fellow classmates becoming a zombie and Mary began to cry. When they got out of the school they met John's brother, Jonathan, running past by and said "Come you guys we got to find a car get out of here". " But what about mom and dad?" John said.
"I'll explain it to you later" Jonathan replied.
They found a car and quickly got in, Jonathan started the car and quickly drove away, hitting some zombies. When they got out of the mayhem, Joshua and Mark tried to calm down Mary while Jonathan explained everything to John " mom and dad sacrificed theirselves to save me. We were having breakfast when a zombie attacked us".
"What are we gonna do now?" Joshua asked.
Jonathan replied " we need to get supplies and move to the Philippines. It's an island surrounded by water, zombies can't swim so thats the place for us"

Will they survive or die during the journey? Watch out for the next book Zombie Apocalypse (Chapter 2) The Journey