Chapter Seventeen

*a few days past since last chapter*

Marisol P.O.V

I skipped work today to go visit my father who may I add is in prison because of the attempted rape and abuse. I got changed into a pair of gray sweat pants, a matching gray hoodies, and a pair of gray short ugg boots. I walked downstairs grabbing my phone and purse when I felt arms wrap around me "Do you want me to go with you?" Jacob whispered into my ear as he rubbed my hips and then put his hands on my shoulders feeling the tension on them. I relax into his touch a little before turning around "You got work baby" I said looking into his eyes "I already called. I'll get my shoes. Go ahead and get into the car" Jacob said while pecking my lips before walking upstairs to grab his shoes which made me turn around and grab my cars keys leaving the house and walking over to my car getting in and starting it. I put my phone into the aux and blared Forbes by G-Eazy while pulling up the navigation on my phone to the prison. I bopped to the music for a bit before Jacob walked out of the house locking it behind him and getting into the car. I backed out of the driveway and made my way towards the prison while bopping to music with Jacob.

Jacob P.O.V

Marisol hasn't seen her dad since the night where everything happened, which made me nervous to let her see him. We pulled into the prison and Mari turned of the car sitting their for a few minutes not looking up which made me grab her hand kissing the back of it softly "You don't have to go if you don't want to Soul" I said looking at her which made her look back at me with swollen eyes "I have to. I need to know why." Marisol said while tears fell from her eyes down her cheeks which I wiped away with my other hand "I'll be right here with you" I said as I felt my own eyes pricking with tears. Marisol wiped her eyes breaking our hands to do so and got out of the car with me following her actions, she locked the doors and we walked to the prison making our way inside. We walked to the front desk where a woman sat looking at papers "I'm here to see my father" Marisol said while twiddling her thumbs "Name?" the lady responded with a bored tone in her voice not even looking up at us "Andrew Michael Nelson" Mari spoke softly looking towards the lady "I'll call him down. Go over to that room and sit in booth three" Lady said pointing to the door we needed to walk through and picked up her phone to call the guard. Mari nodded her head we walked over to the room walking down the rows of booths till we reached a booth with the number 3 written on it. Mari sat down and I sat down next to her looking through the plastic glass waiting for her father to come through the door. We heard the door open and in walked a guard with Andrew who was cuffed at his hand's and feet, the guard brought him over to our booth and unlatched his arms letting him pick up the phone which Mari and I also did "Ahh you guys are now a couple." Andrew chuckled darkly looking between Mari and I "Why did you do it?" Mari asked with a monotone voice which made Andrew look directly at her "You took your mother away from me. You were always such a slut who deserved to have the shit beat out of you" Andrew said with a smirk which made Mari look down at her hands "You are a piece of shit" I said looking at Andrew with a disgusted face "You are any better?" Andrew said simply to me which made me shut up as I bullied Marisol for years "I didn't do anything bad to you dad. I just wanted you to love me and care for me before mom died you used to be like that" Mari said looking down before looking up making eye contact with Andrew "You didn't deserve that. You were a slut and I needed to teach you a lesson" Andrew laughed which made me look at him with anger written on my face "I'll be out soon and i'll see you very soon sweetheart" Andrew said with his eyes lidded and a smirk playing on his lip. Marisol was gonna respond but I cut her off "You ever come near us and I will kill you" I said with a growl before we heard the intercom going saying that visiting time was over. Mari hung up the phone and walked quickly out of the prison "Be seeing you real soon" Andrew said while laughing as he hung up the phone and walking towards the guard which made me hang up the phone also and sprint out of the prison to find Mari.

 I walked outside seeing her already in the car so I walked over getting into it also. I looked over to her to see her smoking a joint "I'm sorry love" I said softly as I grabbed her hand that didn't have the joint in it "It's alright" Mari said while taking a drag off the joint and lifting the joint towards me "You want some?" Mari said while holding it towards me which made me take it from her fingers and taking a drag also. I passed it back to her as we both relaxed into the seats "We should probably head home before we get caught smoking a joint in front of a prison" I said chuckling at Mari which made her also chuckle before taking another drag and putting the joint out "You are right" she said while shaking her hand from me and starting the car letting it vibrate a little as she put her phone into the aux blasting music and putting her navigation up leaving the prison and making our way back to home.