Chapter Ten

They both stayed silent, the meaning behind Inks words weighed heavily on both of their shoulders. It didn't need to be said who 'she' was, they both knew who each other meant when they muttered out the three letter pronoun.

their eyes never left each others, as if they were speaking to each other silently. The tense atmosphere, however, was abruptly ended, as Error winced and clutched his chest. Ink frantically moved towards Error, worrying for the skeleton he just got to know, but froze when Error wheezed out a barely heard sentence, "Don't Worry..  This happens all the time" Error informed the child, smiling slightly. Ink, who was still worried for the elder skeleton, nodded slowly, retracting his hand. Error continued to smile, and slowly got up from his crouching position, and made a portal, "I've.. got to go" Error muttered vaguely, Confusing the artist, "what? why? what's going on?" Ink questioned, rather childishly for his age in Error's opinion. Error looked around, almost as if he was afraid someone would hear him, "I've got a job to do" He answered. Ink's eye-sockets widened in realisation, and a frown appeared on his face. Without another word, Error left through the portal, leaving Ink in silence.

Ink sat in the kitchen, staring at the wall while he listened to the sound of Blue whistling while cooking. Usually, Ink would be doodling instead, while waiting for Dream to return, but of course, Drawing was... tainted now.

So, the skeleton continued to stare at the wall, the thought of picking up a pencil willingly anymore then he needed too making him sick. He could somewhat hear the sound of Blue asking him a question, but he was quickly ignored when Dream, who looked worse for wear, busted into the kitchen, his breath laboured. "Ink!" Dream shouted, after catching his breath, "It's Error! he's destroying another AU!" Dream exclaimed, making Blue look up with worry. The two older skeletons looked at Ink, silently asking him what to do. The child frowned, looking grim, and spoke, "We do nothing" He told the two shocked faces.

Ink grimaced at the horde of angry sanses, all of them shouting at him with different versions of the same question. Unlike usual, Dream and Blue gave him no help, and only silently frown at him, waiting for him to explain himself. "Silence! let me explain" Ink spoke. The shouting turned into murmers, all of them waiting patiently for an answer.

Underfell sans, or Fell, decided to stay vocal, "explain yourself?! what can you say! my brothers dead because of you!" Fell growled out, making the crowd of sanses get louder. Ink sighed, upset he got himself into this mess, "Let me explain, okay?" He pleaded, making everyone shut up. The skeleton sighed again, and straightened his back, "As you all know, I decided to not fight Error today, incidently leaving Underfell in the destroyers clutches" Ink spoke calmly, "f*ck that! you left it to rot!" Fell exclaimed angrily. Ink frowned at the harsh truth to his words, "No Fell, there's a perfectly good reason for my actions" Ink defended himself. Everyone waited for his next words, "I.. " Ink paused, trying to think of something, "I, I drank paint" He blurted out.

unlike the uproar of anger Ink expected, everyone stayed deathly silent, "...you drank paint?" Dream asked suspiciously, "and it made me ill, yes" Ink curtly replied. Everyone took a sharp breath, "and before you say anything" Ink butted in, just as Blue was going to open his mouth, " I couldn't let you fight him on your own, he's a God, and only a God can kill another God" Ink informed them, giving them all a saddened look.