Chapter Fourteen

(Small piece edited; if read already no need to read again, just a little change to story)

no one seemed offended by Ink's comment, but they didn't seem too happy about it either. The Strange, yellow woman coughed, "W-well, I am magic, Ink sans" Magic greeted, caught of guard. She then looked at the people behind her, "You already know Abyss" She stated, "And the person to my left is known as time" She pointed at the lavender man, "And to my right is Compassion" She stated.

Ink nodded, staying silent. "My, he's rather rude, isn't he?" Compassion noted, not caring if Ink had heard her. Time sighed, "Well, we were told he was rather cheerful" Time said, "Not.. like this" He muttered.  You could practically touch the tension in the room, who knew that one sentence could cause so much tension?

Error frowned, walking up to Ink, "You haven't taken them?" Error asked, already knowing the answer. Ink merely shook his head, glancing over to the four deities. "I didn't feel like it" He said, "What did they do?" Ink asked.

Error seemed to know what he meant, because he replied almost instantly. "They told me they had you" Error said. He then scoffed, "I didn't believe them, of course, so they forced me to reboot" Error grumbled, crossing his arms. Error also glared at them, but he glared so much that Ink just thought it was his normal face.

Ink sighed, "So, what do you want with us?" Ink asked. Magic pulled a strained smile, "Well, we need your help defeating Fate and-" Magic was interrupted, "No" Ink said, rudely. "I'm not helping you" He told them.

The four of them seemed surprised. "and why not?" Time asked, suspicious. Ink made a small laugh, though it sounded cold and unforgiving, somehow, "I'm not suicidal, that's why" Ink told them. Error nodded, agreeing with Ink.

Compassion stepped forward, "But you are her only weakness-" Ink rolled his eyes, "Weakness?" Ink asked, sounding surprised as he could. His white eyes linked with Magic's, or what he assumed was her eyes, "I didn't know people like you knew what weakness was" He responded coldly. He then added, "and even if she did has any kind of weakness" Ink paused, and laughed "It definitely wouldn't be me" Ink said.

Ink looked down at his viles, and He muttered something. He looked over to Error, "I want to take my viles now, we should go" Ink said to Error, looking around at the vast space of nothingness. Both of them knew it was a weak excuse, but neither of them commented on it. He looked back to them, "Take us home, you're not changing our minds" Ink told them bluntly.

Magic sighed, and nodded. "Well, we cannot force you" Magic agreed. Time looked over to Magic in shock, "You're just letting them go?" He questioned. Magic nodded, "He'll be no help if he doesn't want to, Time" Magic said, watching the two skeletons leave.

Abyss sighed, "Well, that could of gone better" Abyss rolled his eyes. Suddenly, a portal appeared, and out came Chaos and a pale purple deity. The deity was an average height for them, but still tall compared to normal people. He was thin, and his only notable trait was his hair, which was at shoulder length.

"Ah, hello Chaos, hello Perseverance" Magic greeted. Chaos grinned, "You were right, huh?" Chaos said, elbowing Perseverance. "Right about what?" Compassion asked. Perseverance sighed, looking away from the other four, "It was practically pouring off him" Perseverance muttered, "The perseverance to not help you all" he muttered unhappily.

Ink and Error appeared in Outertale, and Ink instantly took his viles. Ink then looked over to Error, with his colourful eye-lights. "Why didn't you help them?" Error asked, "You love helping people" Error said, surprised. Ink laughed, though it was short. "I don't like helping people Error, I like having fun" Ink corrected him, "And dying isn't fun" He muttered darkly.

Error sighed, but nodded. "Well, I agree with your choice, no matter why you chose it" Error said. "Death doesn't sound the greatest to me, not right now at least" Error told Ink. Ink nodded, and then grinned, "Let's get Ice cream, Okay?" Ink asked, skipping over to the nice cream cart. Error sighed, "Nice cream, you stupid squid" Error muttered, following.

Ink's laughter was heard, and Error smiled. "yeah" He muttered, "this is the right choice" Error said.

Somewhere, far out of the multiverse, a weak deity got slightly stronger.

In a cage, Path sat, looking at Fate. Fate looked over to them, and frowned, seeming slightly saner than before. "What are you up to?" Fate asked path. "Disappointed she would be, yes, yes, very disappointed" Path muttered incoherently. Fate growled, having heard this before, "She's dead, she can't be 'disappointed'" Fate barked out. 

Fate looked at Path, with an emotion Path couldn't recognize, before glaring at them. "I don't know what you're up to, but you won't get away with it" Fate warned them. Path smiled at her again, "Okay, I trust you" Path said. Frowning, Fate asked, "What?" giving Path a hesitant look. Path's smile widened slightly, "It's your choice, yes, your choice" Path said, "Right?" They then asked.

Path continued to stare at Fate, as if they knew something no one else did, making the other deity frustrated. As if remembering something, Fate grinned, making Path frown at the change in attitude. "he's coming home tomorrow" Fate told Path, empathizing the 'he'. Path froze up instantly, their dazed look turning into a look of pure horror.

"what? no, no, no" Path whispered in a frantic tone, gripping onto the bars. "No, not yet, not yet, not enough time" Path muttered. Fate laughed, "Did you forget about him? well, it has been awhile, hasn't it?" Fate smiled, almost looking kind. 

"he won't let you play around any longer, child"