A Prehistoric Friend, Battling the Rock Climbing Master & Onward to Geosenge!

Resuming our adventure, me and Calem headed further into the cave and managed to find the research assistant who gave us a fossil. I chose the Jaw fossil this time round. I used the escape rope I found because I wasn't going back through the cave again, and then it was back onto Rhyhorn and back to Ambrette town. 

Upon the way, McTubsy got to level 20 and we reached Ambrette Town. I headed straight for the fossil lab to restore Tyrunt, who is yet to be named (it's a trek back to Camphrier for the name rater and frankly I'm not in the mood to relive route 8 & 7 again twice over), so I'll name him here as Tyrano until I can get back to Camphrier Town via an easier route. 

So we continue on via part two to Route 8.. which to me seems like a grey area of the general rule that a new area / route you can catch the first Pokémon you encounter. I'm sticking to my guns though, seeing as we captured DeLa on this route already I'm not going to catch any other Pokémon. I'm probably already blagging the rules slightly anyway with not going back to name Tyrano in game officially.. anyway.. 

It doesn't take us long to head up to Cyllage City, the home of our next gym battle. I know the leader is Grant, and it's a rock type gym we're going up against. So.. looking at the team, my best bets are riding strongly with Blu, McTubsy, Gumbo and maybe Tyrano.. Cecelia and Fenrir are taking backseats. 

So, we arrive at the gym, and my memory kicks in just as the preview of the gym cutscene loads.. oh yeah. I remember this. A whole load of rock climbing and battling other trainers. Looks like we're level grinding! Except this Relincath is a bit of a problem.. I knew I'd need some help to chunk it down, so Gumbo came out to use poison gas. And.. Relincath managed to put both Gumbo and McTubsy to sleep. But thankfully, with Relincath being poisoned we were able to scrape by. But, on the better side of things, Cecelia evolved following that battle, so we now had a wonderful Whirlipede to keep us company. 

We made it through the gym up to Grant, but I chose to leave the gym to train up the team a little further ahead of our battle.

So, after a further bout of level grinding, it was go time. Grant led with his Amaura, and I chose Gumbo to open our battle. Amaura unleashed a thunder wave which paralysed Gumbo, but Gumbo was able to get off a poison gas. After hitting hard with a take down though, I let McTubsy come out to tank the Amaura. I began building up Amnesia and Defense Curl respectively, and simply waited out the poison on the Amaura. I knew that McTubsy could hold on, and having a big supply of Super Potions, I knew we could stay quite comfortably in the long haul. Amaura fainted after McTubsy used chip away, and then Blu came out to go toe to toe with Tyrunt. 

After landing two bubbles, I switched back to McTubsy to tank and then counter attack. Which.. nearly killed McTubsy after a critical hit bite, but I wasn't giving in. After getting Tyrunt in the red, I healed McTubsy again anticipating that Grant was going to get greedy at this point and go for the kill. Spamming more Super Potions, I was geared up, but darn paralysis stopped the final chip away. So.. more healing. When I realised my only way of winning would be to heal Blu, Tyrano came out to tank and got pretty low, so it was Cecelia's turn. (This was a team effort now). But Cecelia's poison point kicked in and we landed a bug bite from Cecelia, and we managed to kill the Tyrunt. Gym badge 2 under our belts, and I could breathe a huge sigh of relief. 

A quick stop by the Pokémon Center, and it was then on to Route 10. And more trainer battles. Fenrir happily took his spot back at the head of the team (of course I didn't risk Fenrir coming out in the gym), which gave the rest of the team a break. Until I realised I had no potions, so I had to detour back to Cyllage City to get to the Pokémon Center to pick up more potions. 

Heading back to Route 10, we came across a horde of 5 Nosepass. I managed to have 2 in the bunch with sturdy, so took out one, and then captured the other. And thanks to the name suggestions of my friends, OneNoseyBish joined the team. 

We headed up the route further and encountered.. oh wait. It's the same dood from Glittering Cave. With the same Houndour. Blu came out and we were feeling ready, but then Houndour used roar and dragged out Cecelia. Cecelia unleashed two poison tails, and I think Houndour regretted dragging out Cecelia. My little bug wheel hits hard. Golbat came out and Fenrir was ready. 2 Psybeams later, we were sailing. 

I continued up the route challenging more trainers and just sticking to yet more level grinding. My general aim is always to have my team roughly 5 levels or so under the maximum for the next gym, so my team were on their way to an average of level 35 or so. 

Which is why it helped when Team Flare grunts were also waiting for us along the route. And after the second Team Flare grunt, Gumbo evolved into Swalot!. So now my little green stomach turned into a big purple blobby stomach. 

Next Team Flare grunt, and it was Tyrano's turn. And we were facing.. yepp. A Gulpin. Tyrano used bide and.. didn't really do much, so Blu came out. After encountering some trouble, it was finally time. McTubsy, our big boi came out. One big chip away, and Gulpin was down. 

------------------

Wow.. what a crazy adventure so far right? We're finally now in Geosenge town, but as this entry is pretty long I'll make it into two entries for today. Hope you guys are enjoying the Nuzlocke so far, now it's onto the next part of the adventure!! 

- Dianna xxxxx