Taking on the Tower, Intermissions and a Royal Connection?

It's been a while hasn't it? Yeah well.. real life has been crazy busy and Christmas and New Year have also come and gone, but seeing as today is Pokémon Day, I figured it was as good a time as any to revisit my Nuzlocke. 

Just.. ignore the level of continuity time wise between December and now.. which is.. end of February.. ehehehe. ANYWAY. 

-------------------------------------------

We headed out of the power plant and straight onto level grinding. Remember, Picco and Tyrano need to be ready for the Lumiose gym after all! But this time round I let Tyrano take the front and center for a bit. As she was close to her evolution I wanted her to get there as quickly as possible. It didn't take long, 2 battles against dugtrios which were oneshotted, and Tyrano evolved into Tyrantrum. My big scary dinosaur girl. 

Now to work on Picco, I at least wanted to go in with Picco at level 40 and evolved into Vibrava, so that became our next goal. I turned off Exp Share so as to help Picco level grind faster, and.. yeah okay this is taking a while. 

We left the badlands, and ran into this dood with really long white hair, kinda reminiscent of a furfrou. He spoke about a flower Pokémon with eternal life? Well.. I guess.. okay then. We headed on through the gate and into Lumiose City. 

Shauna ran into me as I got there and said someone stopped the people at the power plant stealing all the power, and seemed rather surprised when I said it was me. She said they're about to light up the Lumiose tower, and we should go see it. However, as I reached Magenta plaza I realised that there was a Team Flare grunt standing there. He was stood by a red café.. making a mental note to check it out later. 

We reached the tower and ran into Clemont and Bonnie, who lit up the beautiful Prism Tower for all of Lumiose to see. And now.. gym time.. wait. Hold up. Am not ready. 

A few minutes of prep later, I guess we're ready. (Picco can level grind off the gym trainers, and the rest of my team is decent enough to take down the gym as long as I strategise so.. I'm good. Or should be.)

We head to the first floor where Bonnie is waiting. I forgot this was a quiz thing.. oh boy. That's obviously a Pikachu. And now it's battle time. Against a Dedenne (okay now I feel mean, Dedenne is too cute and smol and precious.. and got oneshotted by Fenrir). 

Second round and it's a Fletchling! And time to battle again, this time against a Raichu. Again, oneshot by Fenrir. Although McTubsy reached level 37 as well, which is an added bonus. 

Third round and this is a bit tougher.. I think I'm going with my gut on this one with Panpour.. This battle was a tough one. Ampharos kept using power gem so Fenrir was left in the yellow (ick), but I got it right, scraped by and we're moving on to round 4. After I heal up Fenrir of course. 

Three Pokémon in this round? Butterfree, Vivillion and a Mothim. And then asked which one was Vivillion.. hmm.. it's not like I have my own vivillion or anything.. but okay. After our intermission we're back to our regular oneshots though. And finally it's time. The gym leader, Clemont. Here we go! 

Clemont sent out his Emolga, and Fenrir jumped out ready. One psyshock and we easily took down Emolga, as I realised we had a heavy level advantage seeing as Fenrir was roughly 10 levels above Emolga.. oopsies. Anyway, Magneton came next and knowing it was also a steel type, Fenrir stood firm. Flamethrower left Magneton on only 1HP, thanks to Magneton having sturdy. Clemont then healed up Magneton, and Fenrir came right back with a second flamethrower, again to be on 1HP because of sturdy. And healed again.. hmm. I decided to switch it up and Fenrir used Flame Charge, which this time left Magneton in the yellow. Thanks to the speed boost, flamethrower went off and we took down Magneton. And his final Pokémon, Heliolisk. Fenrir came in with a Psyshock, oneshotted, and it was done and dusted. Badge 5, under our belt. 

And now I can train Pokémon up to Level 70.. hmmm... Looks like more level grinding incoming for this team. I know I want everyone on par for Level 40 - 50 for our next gym battle. 

After leaving the gym I received a Holo Clip from Professor Sycamore, who invited me to the Lysandre Café.. the red café. Hmm. 

I healed up at the Pokémon Center before heading over to the café, where Professor Sycamore and Luxray Dood (Lysandre) were waiting for me. Apparently Luxray Dood is of royal ancestry.. and then Professor Sycamore asks me if I knew where the holo caster was made. And it's made by Lysandre.. hmmm. He garbles on about filth and beauty, and then gives me a King's Rock as an apology for taking up my time. Professor Sycamore then tells me to treasure my time travelling with my friends and Pokémon.. well that I can do xD

I leave the café to receive a holo clip from Trevor, telling me we're all meeting on Route 14. Off we go then! To hopefully the right gate cause I just tried to go to Route 15.. oopsies. Wait no.. checking the map I think I'm at the right gate.. argh. 

-please hold for Gooooogle Intermission- 

Okay, so I hopped into a Taxi to take me to where I need to go. And Trevor and Calem are waiting for me.. and it's battle time. 

Calem leads with Meowstic, which Fenrir handled pretty well. Our next battle is with an Absol.. hmmmm.. time for Gumbo. Gumbo ended up taking a swords dance boosted bite, but even that wasn't enough to take down my purple giant. The final challenge is Greninja, and for this I chose Ryo to take on Greninja. Mega Evolution time! A super effective, swords dance boosted power up punch, and we were smooth sailing. 

I headed back to the Pokémon Center to heal up, before preparing to head back out on my journey to Laverre City. 

----------------------

I figured this was a nicely sized update, and I want to leave it there for now as I have stuff to do today, but I will hopefully play more of my Nuzlocke later. I hope everyone's been enjoying it so far, and I will see you all in the next update!! 

- Dianna xxxxxxxx