CHAPTER ONE

"Who are you and where am I?" I wonder in a broken voice.

"It's okay honey. I seem to have misplaced your medicine," the man sighed. Who in the world does he think I am? My train of thought was interrupted by my quickening breath. I began to examine my surroundings in the dim light. I see a little room with a handcrafted dresser and night stand with a mute flatscreen sitting on top, slightly lighting the room. The rather handsome man came toward me with an orange bottle of little pills. He grabbed a bottle of water and turned the lights on, burning my eyes. He tried to put the white pill in my hand but I yanked it back letting out an ear piercing shriek causing the man to sigh. A flash of sorrow came over his eyes and he seemed irritated.

"I know the doctors said this would happen every day but please try to remember me Vanessa, please try to remember me. I'm your husband, John, please Vanessa. I love you," he cried as a warm tear trickling down his brown cheek. He leaned in to hug me and I didn't resist. I was so confused, this mysterious man has his arms wrapped around me but somehow I felt like it was okay. I felt like I've know this man forever. It was as if we have a connection or something. I stared at him absentmindedly, feeling wetness forming in my eyes. I feel the contortionist in my stomach start to work turning it to knots . I feel scared, I feel abandoned, I feel lost.