CHAPTER 6

Roosevelt High school 2009

Here I am finally working up the nerve to tell Valery how I feel until perfection walks up behind her. She's the new girl, Vanessa, a gorgeous light skinned with thick curly dirty blonde and Auburn hair that come to her shoulders. She has innocent brown eyes, perfectly white teeth and a round booty. She was my dream girl, who I wanted to spend my life with. I know it was wrong to leave Valery hangin like that, but if I hadn't walked over there my life wouldn't be what it is right now. We flirted for a while until I finally cuffed her. I had a loyal girl I could hold down and love forever just like I've always wanted. We kept dating and we fell in love. She always had my back and loved me for me. With my parents gone I had someone to talk to again. If I was ever feeling down or depressed she would come over, rub my back, drown me in kisses, and never judge me. Her personality was absolutely golden. She was so kind and sweet, always putting other people's needs before hers and serving them before herself. She was goofy and always up on me but I loved it. Vanessa was loyal, faithful, never jumped to conclusions and wasn't overprotective. If she saw another girl checking me out she would get this little cute pouty look in her eye but she wouldn't get mad or anything. She was a goddess and angel combined with her beautiful soulful voice. Anything she sang sounded beautiful and she made it sound like it was a platinum record. She used to sing so loud in the shower that I could hear it from downstairs and they probably could from next door.

"My goodies, my goodies, my goodies, not my goodies!" She sang.One day I went in the bathroom and started dancing in front of the shower and when she stopped I would cheer and applaud and say,

"You go girl!" With my hand on my hip. She would be so embarrassed that she would bolt out of the bathroom like a wet pig from a bathtub. My life was perfect, I've never been so happy, not even when my Mom was still here. We loved each other with all we had, but I knew she was a crack head and she knew she couldn't provide for me. I grew up poor with two pairs of clothes and a pair of shoes. I ate once a week maximum and was dehydrated because we had no water, forcing me to collect the little rain we got. When my dad left when I was a baby she started doing drugs. It started with weed, then it went to cocaine, and then it was meth.
She tried to hide it when I got home but I've already seem it before (why do adults think all kids are stupid?) My wife was 3 months pregnant with my beautiful baby. I wished, I hoped it would stay perfect forever, but boy was I let down.

"I'm going to the store. Do you want anything bae?"

"Yea just some chips please." she nodded, smiled, and left. She pulled off and started singing to the radio until a white puppy darted in front of the car and being the sweet person she is swerved away from the dog. When she swerved the car was headed for a pole and she pushed down the brakes but they weren't working. The next thing I knew the car was flipped over riding down the hill, shattering the glass on top and dragging her bloody head. She would've died if it wasn't for her soft curly afro. As soon as the car stopped a note fell saying,

"Sincerely, Valery," with blood stains splattered everywhere.