Chapter 7

J I S O O

Something doesn't seem right, and it all started when Ruby Jane told me her wife's name. I felt awful about myself for not knowing her wife due to my work.

~flashback 5 years ago~

I was in Seoul for a shoot, and it's been so long since I last visited home. Speaking of home, I wonder if Jane's here. I miss my best friend so much. Once the briefing was done, I immediately dialed her number.

"Chuuu! I can't believe you called me! It's been so long!" She exclaims, clearly happy to hear from me, and I couldn't help but smile back to listen to her voice.

"RJ, I'm here in Seoul. I was hoping we could meet and catch up on things."

"Really!?"

"Really,"

~~~

"Chu!" A high-pitched voice alerted me, and I turned around to see my best friend. Running while smiling idiotically at me. I smiled back with my arms wide open.

I almost fell out of balance. Luckily, I pulled through her weight and got back on my feet. "Miss me that much?" I chuckled as Ruby Jane hugged me tighter.

~~~

Ruby and I spend the day together. We revisited the places where we'd always go and went shopping. I'm not too fond of shopping, but I spend time with my best friend. We went to Han River, where we'd always go whenever we felt down or had each other's problems.

We were sitting, watching the river and the night sky. I was thankful for her to be with me though it was only for one day. I miss her so much and almost cried when I saw her again.

"So," She starts, breaking the silence between us. "How's London?"  She asks, drawing random things on the ground with her finger.

"Well, It was good."

Ruby snorts at my answer and looks at me with an unsatisfied face. "Just good?"

"It would have been better to stay here and still see you. You know?"  I smiled bitterly. " I know I was living the life out there. But it still feels lonely."

"Then you could have contacted me." Ruby gave a pout, and I pinched her chubby cheek.

"I wanted to. But whenever I got the chance, I was either pressured by the people or just got tired."

"I'm sorry." She apologizes and hugs me.

I chuckled and hugged her back. "You have nothing to be sorry for. This is my life. I should take it as a challenge."

"By the way, you never told me about your wife," I smirked as I pulled away.  Ruby whined at the loss of contact and began to blush.

"She's amazing, Chu-ah," She smiles widely. From the sight, I could see how her life was going pretty well. "Although she gets busy with work. She never impresses me whenever she gets the time to be with me."

I nodded and began to wonder what her wife looked like. Ruby is too selfish; she wouldn't even give me a picture. This kid is seriously acting like a kid. Before I could ask another question, her phone rang, and I remained silent for her to talk to the person who called.

"Rosie?" She calls out, and I raise a brow as she smiles idiotically in front of me.

"Yes, I'll be home soon. Bye, love you!" She ended, and I maintained my expression.