stage fighting

(alison's outift for her stage fight in the media)

(unedited)

--

"So, I'm smiling like this, right," Andre, Cat and I are walking through the halls of Hollywood Arts as Cat tells us a story.

I see Tori grunting at her locker and trying to force something inside. "Um," I hit Andre. "What's she doing?"

"Tori," Andre calls.

"What's up?" Cat asks.

I look up from my phone when someone elbows me to see them both looking at me expectantly. "Hi."

"I'm having a horn problem. Why do I have to play an instrument anyway?" Tori complains.

"Everyone at Hollywood Arts has to play an instrument," Cat explains to her.

"Tori, it's not that bad," I wave my phone around as I talk. "Maybe it will help you if you learn an instrument."

"Easy for you to say," She glares at me.

"Okay, geez," I throw my hands up in the universally recognized surrender position.

"Well, I sing," Tori tries to explain why she shouldn't have to play an instrument. "My throat is my instrument. I'm a throat player." She puts her hand on her throat and makes a weird face.

"Doesn't count."

"And it sounds kinda gross," Cat adds.

"Agreed."

"Why did you pick the french horn?" Andre asks Tori.

"Yeah, Tor you don't really look like a french horn player," I add on, curious to hear her answer.

"I don't know," Tori swings it around in her hands. "I like french fries, french toast..."

Cat gasps, "One time when I was eating french toast at a restaurant, I started laughing, then I started choking, then the lady that ran the restaurant made me leave," she says excitedly.

We all just look at each other, unsure of what to say. I slowly reach out and pat her on the head, "okay honey."

"So let's hear your horn!" Cat directs the conversation back to Tori's horn excitedly.

"Yeah, play that funky music, white girl," Andre agrees.

"Woah, dude," I say, hitting Andre in the arm. "You don't know that."

Tori nods, "Yeah, we're half latina."

"Then hit it, muchacha," He says with big eyes.

"Andre, we need to talk about how you interact--," I'm cut off by Cat's "shhh."

Tori puts her hand in the bell and starts blowing into the mouthpiece. She randomly presses the keys and horrible notes come out.

"I think it's broken," Tori says with a smile.

"Uh, no," I say, incredulous. "You just have no idea what you're doing."

Andre takes the horn from her hands, "Here, let me fix it." Smooth Andre.

He walks more into the middle of the hallway and puts his hands in the correct positions. Andre starts playing and really good music comes out. Cat and I move closer to him and leave Tori at her locker and other people in the hallways also gather around Andre. Cat and I are dancing together, along with a few other students.

"Oh," I say while moving my feet, "I can vibe with this."

''

I'm sitting in the blackbox watching the amazing fight scene Beck and his instructor are practicing, when I hear Tori yell, "Beck!"