V

Steven woke up. He showered, brushed his teeth. He headed over to the kitchen to make waffles and chips. After eating, he saw Amethyst tumble out of her slide from the room, and right after, Pearl, then Garnet.

"So, about Rose..."

They were trying to make him "open up", but he didn't want to. He buried his head in his hands. Pearl sighed. "Steven, don't—"

He looked up. "Yeah, I'm fine!"

"Okay, good." Pearl said. She was about to open her mouth when Steven left.

He walked to the Sitting Rock. He stood on top of it, going to fly to the Island. He took off— "Uh, Steven? Where are you going?" Lars asked. Steven, in midair, said he was visiting Mask Island. He was. Lars wished him good luck.

On Mask Island, he saw Spinel's gem. She had been poofed, and in a small red and blue bubble. "Spinel!" He called. Steven went down and popped Spinel's bubble.
He waited a few seconds, before Spinel came back up.

"—won't hurt you!" She said in a convincing tone. "Oh, hey, Steven."

"Hi." Steven said. "Now let's get you back to the Diamon—"

Spinel nodded tearfully. "Actually... can we.... not?"

"Hmm?" Steven said.

"The diamonds make me wear pink's junk. They called me 'Pink Spinel' and they kinda smother me."

"Oh."
They talked out a plan to tell the diamonds.

"I just want to stay the night."

"Sure." Steven smiled, hugging Spinel.

Spinel was on Steven's back when they flew to Steven's home.

*****

Bluebird had been in the dome the entire time.

Steven and Spinel flew down on to the beach. Bluebird grinned. She took a camera, in which she had been studying for the past few hours, and thought she finally got the hang of it. She took a picture of Steven grinning with Spinel.

"I'll go with you." He was saying.

"Thanks," Spinel said sheepishly. She smiled at him.

"BLUEBIRD!!" Steven shouted. "WHAT are you doing with my camera??"

"Oh, sorry! Just thought the diamonds might want to see this." She sounded slightly british, inferring that it came from Aquamarine.

She hopped on the warp. Steven jumped on with her. She glowed, and separated. one of the glowing gems- Ruby- hopped of the warp as the warp activated.

Steven turned around to Aquamarine holding Spinel. Aqua smiled. "In case you're wondering, we're going to the Diamonds."

Steven gasped.
And to make matters worse, Aquamarine had the camera.  Steven pounced. Grinning, Aquamarine held it out... teasingly? Steven didn't have time to think, as for the next thing Steven knew, he was outside in warp space. There was only one other warp, and Steven couldn't stay there in warp space for any longer, he was freezing up.

He swam to the other warp, camera in hand. He was in the warp, and there was a warp sound. The gem before had probably reached their destination. He was standing all of a sudden, and he was suddenly dizzy. He was at the Homeworld warp.
He got off and heard a chuckle.

Slowly, he turned around, scared, camera in hand.