Chapter 2

Author's Notes: Hiyaa! Heres the update, enjoy it!

LOUIS’ POV:

I sat in the hospital room; my hand entwined in the girl’s that I’d only known for two days, she didn’t even know me.

I hadn’t left her side once; I just felt a connection with her, like whenever I was near her sparks would alight. My clothes were crumpled and my hair probably resembled a hay stack. Carrots hadn’t even crossed my mind once, what was wrong with me? Her best friend Ellie left twice, Zayn probably got to her.

A soft hand on my shoulder interrupted my thoughts.

“Boo Bear.” Harry’s voice echoed in my head, felt the urge just to yell at him and tell him to go away, but I didn’t.

“Yes, Harry?” I asked.

“I thought you might want to come with us, everyone’s going to the Starbucks downstairs.” He said coolly.

 I groaned. I wasn’t in the mood to be mobbed by fans, and I couldn’t leave Carla here alone.

“Sure.” It just popped out of my mouth.

Harry’s face immediately lit up. “Okay, well, let’s go then Lou!”

He walked out of the room, and I put Carla’s fragile hand into mine, she’d been in a coma for almost three days now, had a broken leg, some ribs, and a fractured foot, and it was all our fault. I leaned forward and kissed her hand, moved my mouth to her ear and whispered. “I’m sorry, I’ll look after you, I promise.” My voice came out weaker than I would have wanted.

We were waiting for Liam in the lobby of the hospital, when my phone started ringing.

I got stared at by everyone as ‘Look After You’ by The Fray blasted through the speakers.  I checked the caller ID, Eleanor.

I honestly didn’t want to talk to her; we’d broken up for a reason. All the boys thought that I was totally stupid for letting her go, but all she ever thought about was herself. Of course I didn’t hate her… she was just more like a sister to me, a whinging sister.

I swiped the answer button on my phone.

“Hello?” I breathed.

“Louis, where are you?” Eleanor’s voice echoed in my head.

“Hospital, why?” I replied bluntly.

“Why the heck are you in the hospital?”

“Visiting a friend.”

“Well, once your home, I need to talk to you.”

I laughed, she must’ve heard me.

“I’m serious.” Her voice sounded hurt.

“I know, Niall just said something funny, don’t worry. And sure, we can hang out, as friends. But I’m not leaving the hospital until she’s out of a coma.” I replied. Niall gave me a confused look from across the room.

“She? Right well, um, I’ve gotta go Louis, ciao.” She quickly said, hanging up on me, how rude.

Liam walked out of the elevator, Ellie and Zayn following, hand in hand? I didn’t believe my eyes, they’d only known each other for what, two days, and they were already getting personal. I guess I felt the same way about Carla, but I hadn’t even spoken to her once, what the heck was wrong with me?

ELLIE’S POV.

We made our way down the elevator, I still felt sick to my stomach from the past day’s events. My best friend was in a coma, with broken bones and ribs; I wish I could’ve stopped it.