Chapter 5

"Who are you texting?" He leaned over and tried to peep inside to look who I was talking to. "No one." I locked my phone's screen and kept it in my pocket. He pulled me back and whispered,"You think you are smarter than me?" I tried strangling out of his grip, but he was much more stronger than me. His hands slipped in my pocket and took my phone out, "NO" I protested but to no awail, he threw me on the bed and started looking up my messages. "Steive, Ron, Angela.." he went through my messages, "Stop!" I snatched my phone from him and stomped off.

He followed me down, but hopefully mom was sitting right there so he couldn't do anything. I gave her a hug and sat next to her, Charlie looked at me with anger but soon he spread a smile across his face and greeted mom, "Mom I am going out with my friends for a movie at 4." "Can you drop me at crosswords?" He turned his head towards me and raised his eyebrow,"Want another book?" "Yes. Got a problem?" I replied him hatefully. "Did you two get in a fight? Again?" Mom asked but no one answered. "I have other things to worry about." "CHARLIE! DESTINY! STOP IT YOU TWO." She got up from her seat, "If this is what you are going to do..I won't let you go out." "Sorry." We said in unison which sounded weird because this was the first time we agreed on something. "Alright. Charlie if you want to go out for the movie, you'll have to drop her at crosswords." He nodded his head and gave me a dirty look, I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen.

"What does he think of himself?" I said out loud, my bad luck that he was standing infront of me. "Ahem..ahem.." he cleared his throat, to warn me. "Want something?" I tried to cover up. He scoffed and came forward. Get ready Destiny. He picked up the water bottle and left. I stood there still, wating for him to throw or do something but nothing. "Well, pineapples, peanut butter, bread, pizza...wait! Pizza!" I took it out and started it eating it. Zoop. "Ouch!" I fell down and pizza fell out of my hand, "Got it!" Charlie catched it and started munching on it. "Ergh.." "Now, get up and get ready if you want to come with me...and thanks this pizza is amazing." "You're welcome" 

"What are you doing here Destiny?" My mom gave me a confused look, "Mom, help me up" "Why are you always on the floor Destiny?" She said giggling, "Mooom, I'll just go and get ready or Charlie will leave me here." I went directly to the bathroom for shower but Charlie was already there "Geez. You should have shut the door. Stop laughing." I stood outside the door, he was dancing in front of the door with a towel wrapped around his waist. "You can go now" he was still laughing so hard, without arguing I picked up my towel and went inside. "AAH! CHARLIE YOU!" This is why he was laughing, he has emptied the shampoo bottle by spreading it on the bathroom floor. "GOT YA"

The door unlocked and he came inside to help me get me, "C'mon" I held his hand and got up, water and shampoo dripping from my clothes and a few bubbles floating around. One bursted on my nose and Charlie laughed even harder. "How did you get in here? The door was locked." "I can't hear you.." he answered and ran outside. I locked the door again and slipped out of my clothes. My back was paining badly after falling twice on the floor, I turned on the shower, hot water running down my skin relaxed me immediately.

After a good 15 minutes of shower, I wrapped the towel and went out. A black top and white jeans. I was brushing my hairs when Charlie entered the room again, he just stood near the door and smiled. "What?" "Dress up like girls for once." I turned around and threw my brush at him, he ducked and saved himself but I broke my hairbrush. "Wait.." he opened my wardrobe and started flipping the clothes. "Stop messing around." He didn't answered me back and continued his work. "Purple will suit you" He pulled out a dress, that my dad gave me on my birthday last year but I never wore it because I was too fat for it, I could actually see my stomach divided into two parts and that was not something would like to see. "No. I am not wearing that." He raised his eyebrow and looked at me as if I've told him something very stupid. "Why not?" "Because it makes me look fat." I could feel tears in my eyes, "Oh no please don't cry." He came running towards me and hugged me tightly. "Its okay, if you don't want to wear this. C'mon let's go for breakfast."

I never thought that there is a sweet person beneath, he talked to me as if he understood my emotions. But maybe he is just faking it, I pushed him away and ran down, "You okay?" He shouted but I didn't replied. "Destiny hurry up or else the food's gonna get cold." The silence in the room was thick,everyone was done with their breakfast and it was just me and Charlie, I hurried up with mine and tried to exit as soon as possible.