Personal space

He stood there looking at her, his eyes piercing hers and the room felt small, very small that they felt like the oxygen could run out.

"Are you feeling better?" Taehyung broke the silence, his eyes scanning her whole form, looking for injuries that aren't even there. He knows she's fine but that doesn't mean he could keep his eyes to himself.

"Yes.. I guess it helps that I don't remember anything." She sighed sadly. The thick sexual tension disappearing from the air as soon as it came.

"Do you want to ask something?" He smiled at her knowingly, as if he could read her thoughts.

"Y-yes!" She was quick to answer, she wanted to ask that one question so bad. She watched him sit on the edge of her bed, not wanting to invade her personal space.

When did he care about that?

"Ask away." He smiled reassuringly again.

"Is she okay?" The question coming out as a whisper, "The girl.." She trailed off, feeling ashamed.

"A few broken ribs, a broken leg and she still hasn't woken up yet." Taehyung said straightforwardly, in a nonchalant way.

"I see.." Jennie lowered her head, guilt eating her insides. She was glad that Taehyung told her the truth, instead of just telling her that she's fine or that she will be.

"But the doctor said it's not too serious, she should wake up in a few hours." He added, "You got her good." He cocked his brow at her, a small chuckle following his comment.

"Are you seriously making fun of the situation?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why not?" He smiled, pissing her off more.

"Remember the rules? Half dead is fine. She could've surrendered but she didn't, everyone could see that you were winning but she went and tried to poison not just you but her friends as well." He said, playing with his rings. "You had no ill intentions before losing control, you were simply protecting yourself and the people that were hurting around you. And it ended up the way it did, so don't blame yourself too much." He looked at her to see if she was still frowning, and let out a sigh when he noticed the little smile playing on her lips.

"Is everyone else okay?" She shifted in her place, hands playing with the hem of her shirt, "Are they mad at me?" She blinked a few times while waiting for his answer. Not expecting the loud laugh that came from him, at all.

"You're so adorable, you know that?" He grinned at her, in a swift move, he stood up and sat next to her, her crossed legs touching his thighs.

No personal space left at all.

She let go of her shirt just to grip his shirt and play with the hem of it instead.

"Am I?" She asked with a playful smile, her cheeks heating up.

"You like to act so fierce when you're the cutest." She actually felt offended by that, just as she was about to tell him that she can be both, he talked again, pulling on her heartstrings.

"No one is mad at you. Everyone is mad worried about you." He played with a few strands of her hair that were peeking out from her loose little bun, his palm slightly brushing her cheek. "We all know you would never do what you did on your free will."

"Thank you." She said softly, leaning on his touch. She probably wouldn't act that way on another normal day, but she was too tired to think about what she should and shouldn't do.

"Why are you thanking me so much these days?" He smirked at her, just wanting to make her smile somehow. He loved her gummy smile, he loved the way her cheeks look like dumplings when she does. He'd do anything to see it.

"Because it seems like you keep being there whenever I need you, you helped me break out of my shell and start from somewhere. You were there whenever I cried." She said, the more she talked about it, the more she realized how much he's actually helped her. "And you're here again now."

That's not what he expected her to say, but her reply did things to his heart. She was also feeling very overwhelmed by the realization so instead of fighting it, she let herself be pulled against his broad chest and encircled his torso with her arms.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and asked, "Do you have any idea where my brother might be? He thinks I'm mad at him." She pouted.

"No, but he'll be back. I know he wouldn't go and leave such a cute sister behind." He said as he traced soothing circles in her back.

"Did you manage to convince the rest? I'm already tired of doing that." She sighed, ignoring his comment about her being cute. He said that more than once already, and her heart reacted the same way each and every time.

"Do you really think we need to ask after the show you pulled off? They just all agreed when the fight ended." He snorted, he was feeling proud for some reason.

"Hmm." She hummed, closing her eyes.

"Hey!" He said, pushing her gently off of him to take a look at her face.

"Yes?" She narrowed her eyes at him, not liking the lack of skin-ship and warmth she was feeling.

He looked at her expression of displeasure and nodded to himself, he wanted this for sure.

"Will you go on a date with me after you fully recover?" He smiled at her charmingly, he knew what he was doing.

She looked at him in shock, did she hear that right? Her heart was going to jump out her ribcage at this rate. She thinks about telling him that's she's already recovered and take him out right at that moment, but her pettiness begged to differ.

"You'd date your sister?" She blinked at him innocently.

"You're so petty, you know that?" She sighed loudly, a smile still playing on his lips.

"Sorry, I had to." She said sweetly as she put a light kiss on his jaw. "I'll go on that date."

"Good, because I wouldn't have taken no for an answer." He smiles widely at her, feeling euphoric with just the little kiss she put on his jaw. He thinks he will never wash his jaw ever again.

yaaayyy i updated more than once in a week sksjsk weird how i only get inspired in exams period 😭😭 it's like 6am now and I'm literally exhausted.. but i decided to publish this chap before going to sleep, ilyyy

aand i started a namsoo fic, for namsoo shippers or just people who like to read bangpink fics, so read it if you want💞