Wait

" I wanna wait.” You tell her quickly.

She gives you a famous Simon Cowell glare as you plop down on the couch. “ Are you kidding me?”

You shift uncomfortably in your seat, holding on to your phone. “ I just...I don't want to seem to eager ya know?”

“ I'm sure that'd be the last thing on his mind.” Your friend puts the book down on the counter and gets up to grab for your phone.

“ Stop it.” You slip off and jump over the back of the couch.

“ He clearly wants some face time. Would you just dial the number already?” She leans over you.

“ I'm not going to!”

“ Then let me!”

“ You only want me to, so you can talk to Harry!” You clamp your hand over your mouth.

You friend pauses, then turns around. You wince and watch her stand before your sink.

“ What are you doing?” You ask, carefully walking to her.

She doesn't even look at you as she rips the bottom part of the first page in your book. She holds the scrap between her fingers and dangles it helplessly over your drain.

“ Don't do it.” You say, trying to keep your anger and fear out of your thoughts.

She flips the switch on your garbage disposal. She stares at you intently, moving the paper closer to its death when you inch forward.

“ Fine.” You groan. “ I'll call him.”

“ What was that?” She tried hiding her grin.

“ I'll call him!” You say louder.

In one swift movement, she flicked the disposal off and slid the paper infront of you on the counter. You take a deep breathe and punch in the numbers. You hit the wrong button a few times because your hands were shaking so much.

It rang...and rang...and rang...

“ I don't think he's going to answer.” You start to get frustrated with yourself for even believing that this is possible.

“Hello?” His voice flows through the phone.

You stare at your friend helplessly. She begins motioning towards the phone frantically. You open your mouth, but no words would come out.

“ Hellooooooo?” Louis says again.

“ H-hi.” You manage to choke out.

“ Hey, who is this?” He asks.

You silently curse yourself for not planning this out first. “ It's (y/n)...from the signing a few hours ago.”

He didn't say anything for a few moments. The tension thickened. You try to think of how to get out of this.

“ Sorry, I'll just- wrong number-I gotta-” You begin mumbling out excuses.

“ Are you busy tomorrow night?” He cuts off your rambling.

“ I-”

“ She's free!” (y/f/n) shouts through the phone.

Louis contagious laughter fills your ear and you almost faint.

“ Alright, text me your address. I gotta get to rehearsal. Later babe.” And like that he was gone.

Now lets play the waiting game > The Next Day