Admit

You steeled your nerves and ran outside. You ran in the hopes that if you got far enough you wouldn't be able to chicken out. Or at least...that's what you had hoped. And then it hit you...literally. Water droplets grazed your face. But you kept on strong.

You made it to the park, mostly dry. You tried to stay under tree branches, but you could only stay for so long. As you had finally seen him. Suspenders and messy hair in all. He grinned taking in your shivering form. He took off his coat and wrapped it around you. The rain stayed steady.

He had that look where he was getting ready to tell you something big.

“ Louis. Theres something that I...kinda wanted to get off my chest. You know...before you leave...”

“ Go on?” He brushed the hair out of his eyes.

You take a deep breathe and start, “ I know that you're a big popstar now. And you don't have time for girls like me. Forgettable. I think, it'd help if I just got it out...And you probably'll just think I'm just like all the other girls. But I do care about you. It sounds stupid, but I feel as if...I'm close to you already. I can feel myself going crazy.” You stop your quick rant and gauge his reaction. He's grinning, and seems as if he's waiting for you to say something more.

You gulp, “ I...I wanna be friends.” You stare past him. “ Good friends.”

He nods, smile faltering. “ I'm just a fool.”

“ No you're not Louis.”

“ I am.”

“ What are you talking about?”

“ I need you. With me. Without you, I don't know what I'd do. I've done it before. But once I saw you again. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest. And then when you were talking to that one fan. I thought for sure you had remembered. But I-”

“ Wait, what? How much tea did you drink today?”

“ (y/n)...I...you really don't remember me? We had to be eleven and it was the most amazing summer. From the moment I saw you, I said 'gosh she's gorgeous!' and I fell. You were playing on the swing and-”

“Stop! Take a breath mate.” You tried to quiet his rambling by gripping his firm biceps and forcing him to look at you. You released a little and give him a quick peck on the cheek-painful as it was not to be a more intimate kiss. “ Now slowly tell me what you're talking about.”

You watch as he carefully pulled out a...butterfly clip.

Your heart stopped.

“ How did you...this is mine...” You stared into his bright baby blues. “ Louis...”

It all suddenly became clear to you...

I already know the story. Skip me ahead please! > Present

*Flashback * > Past